Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 01-01-2012, 03:43 AM   #1
KoOLaiD

Easiest souls to capture for gems?

What and where are the easiest souls to capture to fill up greater and grand soul gems?

So far I know of the Giants for greater soul gem and Mammoths for grand soul gem near whiterun. Where do you guys go to kill and fill a greater and grand soul gem at?
Old 01-01-2012, 03:56 AM   #2
DarkQuill

Dragons. Or people. Mostly people.
Black Star works as a reusable Black Soul Gem, so as long as there's no shortage of bandits or thugs, there's no shortage of souls.
DarkQuill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:02 AM   #3
KoOLaiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkQuill View Post
Dragons. Or people. Mostly people.
Black Star works as a reusable Black Soul Gem, so as long as there's no shortage of bandits or thugs, there's no shortage of souls.
Thanks for the post, but I just really wanted to know where the best place to kill and fill up greater and grand soul gems. I just started this game a couple of days ago so I'm not worried about black soul gems yet.
KoOLaiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:10 AM   #4
IanPolaris

Dragons don't fill soul gems (at least they aren't supposed to). The fact that the Dragonborn acts like an Azura star soul-gem for Dragons is what makes him special. It's my understanding that normally dragon souls are uncapturable even if you kill the body of the dragon.

-Polaris

Edit: Otherwise, black soul gems are easily refillable with bandit souls and frankly easier to fill than fighting Mamoths and other top end monsters for grand soul gems. Enthir in Winterhold and Fallion in Morthal both sell black soul gems regularly.
IanPolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
laquak

I read you can also mine Geode ore mines in Blackreach for chances of soul gems but I dont know if they come filled or not. Dark falmer areas like that make my fps jump out the roof and I can't mine because my character goes into a funny animation.
laquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
gentlefury

Bunnies and people....Actually mammoths and giants are really easy if you sit in a place they can't get you and use a soul trap enchanted bow.
gentlefury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:18 AM   #7
harley dude

If you have high sneak the dreugr are easy to backstab for soul gem farming.
harley dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V