Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EVE Online

Old 01-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
Xento

trying to get into pvp

hey sorry for making another thread - but different topic here

but basically im gonna resub and this time focus on pvp - last time i mostly did group mission with my corp

basically people tell me frigates are best for pvp because they cheap, and hard to hit, and with some good electronics ur enemy cant even lock u

but i want to play like my last corps leader (it was a missioning corp, but occasionally he would war other corps)

he had a amarr battle cruiser (i believe it was the harbinger)

and basically he'd start a war with another corp then be like c'mon jake (my name) and we would hang out where the other corp operated.

one time i was in my drake and the enemies came at us, 2 rifters, and a raven, and he didn't even move his ship!!! he just parked at one spot, released some drones and whatever he didn't blast with his lasers his drones took care of. i was behind him launching my missles but i guess my skill points weren't high enough cuz i barely scratched them - but his lasers hit hard like kimbo slice!

i never inquired about his build because back then i was more into the missioning and making that paper - but now im curious as to what kind of build he had, because tbh i tried pvping in my drake which is also a BC, and it takes long time to warp and stuff (yeah i know not as long as battleships, but still)

so basically im trying to find out if i want to pvp as a frigate, because i want to be able to solo pvp too. and idk too much about frigate pvp and how much damage they can do cuz i never seen em in action much.

or maybe someone can give me some more advice about the harbinger

thanks
Old 01-01-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
Valestrum

Bump for relevant interest.. Currently training towards a Harbinger myself and looking to get into PvP in the future.
Valestrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Xento

i was lucky enough to track down my leader...he hooked me up but i swore to not share his fitting and strategies.

and im sorry valestrum but i dont think anyones gona help here.

EVE is a very competitive game. and in this game, knowledge is the greatest asset, and help is rare.

that is one thing i do not like about this game. i like games where i can just chill with people - shoot the breeze, etc.

But thanks to Judeo-Christian dogma....this is the world we live in.

I am sorry.

But remember, life offline can be amazing. people are MUCH nicer. Especially in a eve perspective - no doubt you have noticed this game is filled with trolls and griefers and scammers - that get pleasure out of causing pain to others....in a way its sick.

But, such is life. tbh i dont know how long i will be playing eve this time. but i am in a friendly corp and we all get along quite nicely...so we shall see.
Xento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #4
geneticweapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xento View Post
i was lucky enough to track down my leader...he hooked me up but i swore to not share his fitting
Keeping a ship fitting like a well guarded secret?... lol, I bet it's a horrible fit anyways.
geneticweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
7BitBrian

Just search bBattleClinic for god fits and be sure to test them out. Keep in mind many of the fits are tailored for high skills so you may have to work your way into them of fiddle with them a bit to make them fit your character.

In EvE PvP you need to pick a role and do it, focus on it, and pay attention. You cannot do everything and the second you try is the second you blow up and die to someone who took the time to focus.

Frigates are great ships because they are fast and agile. You can fly in and tackle a target, all the while dealing some damage, while your friends in the bigger ships take the damage and do the DPS. You're basically controlling the enemy in this role.

You can also move into Tech 2 frigate that all have specialized roles.

You've got assault ships which are fast and hard hitting.

You've got interceptors that are basically unmatched in speed and great for chasing people down, getting point, webbing and scrambling so your guys can get close enough to pop them.

You've got Covert ops ships, some of which are made for scanning, staying invisible and tracking your enemy or finding cool things out in space. Others are for sneak attacks, you are cloaked and cannot be seen so you fly in, drop your cloak, fire off a bomb and some torpedoes, then re-activate cloak and fly away before they can ever get a lock on you.

And you've even got special EWAR frigates that are made for disrupting your enemy. helping you and your fleet targeting, preventing them from targeting, stuff like that.

And thats all in the frigate class of ships. Eve is big, huge. To big. I said it before and I will repeat it; You CANNOT do everything. Pick a role and stick with it until you cant train anymore for it, then pick another role close to that one and do the same thing. Enventually you'll be able to fly a wide assortment of ships and jump into a lot of roles as they are needed. But you'll never be able to do it all, effectively, and it all takes time to train those skills and learn through experience.

The best advice anyone can get in EvE is to stop asking where the content is and just go out there and experience it.
7BitBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
motstandet

Frigates are also significantly cheaper than Battlecruisers, thus don't hurt as much when you lose them :P

But since you asked: Harbinger fits and discussion: http://failheap-challenge.com/showth...?155-Harbinger
motstandet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #7
LA Snow

Just join faction warfare. That's where you get the most fights and you go up against the best pilots. By the way, every fit of those harbingers with focused mediums sucks. The shield binger sucks too. Heavy pulse, armor tank.
LA Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #8
b00tsy

Yesterday I was untouchable in low sec (for a while) with a cheap Condor Caldari frig. With a small microwarp you can get the speed up to 1200ms easily, even when webbed it goes faster then the average frig lol. One good hit you are podded though
b00tsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #9
LA Snow

When your ship is about to go down, spam the warp to button to another area. The pod will insta-warp since there is no align time. They won't be able to pod you unless they have a remote sensor booster and can lock you fast enough. I haven't been podded in over a year I think and I die almost every day.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
LA Snow

Oh, and if you're getting into PVP, learn about pantheon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwql_Sp0QG8

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EVE Online