Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Source DS (Windows)

Old 02-08-2005, 03:04 PM   #1
ug012

Question New Server

I am trying to set up a small server, but im behind a router.

Soooo, I set myself up as the DMZ host and I forwarded all the ports I could find in the other threads, but ppl still cant connect to me.

Am I missing something?
What all needs to be done to get around my router and have people connect to me?

Old 02-08-2005, 03:06 PM   #2
SiG357

Are they trying to connect to the outside address of the router?
Old 02-08-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
ug012

yes, but it seems my ip has changed, so Im gonna give that a shot tonight and see what happens
Old 02-08-2005, 04:42 PM   #4
mewohkie1

I had a problem until i set my port ranges from 27015 to 27017 sent to the ip address the router assigned to me (i.e. 192.168.0.4) in my routers settings. Then turned off all firewalls and set everything else up. When I need my ip i log into the router and look at what the ip is under the internet port tag in my router statistics page. Those whats my IP sites dont seem to give me the correct last 2-3 ip numbers.

Last edited by mewohkie1: 02-08-2005 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:08 PM   #5
maj_damage

Quote:
Originally posted by ug012
yes, but it seems my ip has changed, so Im gonna give that a shot tonight and see what happens
If your ADSL Service Provider has your connection set up as DHCP you will have to get a name URL to let people connect to you.

http://www.no-ip.com is a good one and it is free.

so when people ask what your ip is just say www.whateva.com:27015
Old 02-09-2005, 11:34 AM   #6
ug012

Alright I got it down now, I opened up the ports 27015 to 27017 on udp and tcp (everyone connects on 27015 though, so I guess thats all I really needed), and I went to the server config file and added a line with my external IP and it works great now.
I had not realized I need that line in there

Oh and btw if anybody else has a similar problem, add a line in your server.cfg or listenserver.cfg that has...

IP <what ever you external ip is, and the port to connect on>
(ie xx.xx.xx.xx:xxxxx)

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Dedicated Server Discussions > Source DS (Windows)