Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > King Arthur series > King Arthur II: The Role-playing Wargame

Old 01-30-2012, 07:14 PM   #166
NightLight

Hey guys, with the patch that is released tonight, anyone tried it and see if it will improve performance and address some of the annoying bugs reported already? Is there a patch note?
NightLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #167
Dungeoncrawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightLight View Post
Hey guys, with the patch that is released tonight, anyone tried it and see if it will improve performance and address some of the annoying bugs reported already? Is there a patch note?
patch adds multi-gpu option under graphics; woot!

update - performance is worst for me prior to patch . Normally I was getting 25-30fps and now only 10-17fps. I would suggest avoiding the patch if you don't have auto-update selected.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler: 01-30-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #168
NightLight

The hell is going on? Worse after the patch? That is just ridiculous...

Any confirmation to this from other players? I just tried it myself honestly, and I'm not seeing any improvement (not that I'm using FRAPS or anything), but I can tell it also dropped some fps..
NightLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:39 AM   #169
copper1956

No improvement. No degradation. The same.
copper1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:13 AM   #170
DrakenLord

I was getting 25 FPS before the patch, now i am getting 15-18.
DrakenLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:29 AM   #171
sirflimflam

Someone really needs to explain to Neocore that the reason why Cinema generally looks OK at 24 FPS is not because it's fluid or that it's the maximum the eye can see or any of that silliness, but because of the motion blurring added into the frames that helps our brain process the imagery in a more fluid manner. They're essentially baking the fluidity into a smaller frame count, and our brains put it back together to achieve a higher fluidity.

This does not happen in games. 24 FPS is not fluid. It perplexes me to hear a game developer on the PC platform no less suggest that 24 FPS is what you should strive for or what they're targeting.

Last edited by sirflimflam: 01-31-2012 at 04:53 AM.
sirflimflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:43 AM   #172
DrakenLord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirflimflam View Post
Someone really needs to explain to Neocore that the reason why Cimena generally looks OK at 24 FPS is not because it's fluid or that it's the maximum the eye can see or any of that silliness, but because of the motion blurring added into the frames that helps our brain process the imagery in a more fluid manner. They're essentially baking the fluidity into a smaller frame count, and our brains put it back together to achieve a higher fluidity.

This does not happen in games. 24 FPS is not fluid. It perplexes me to hear a game developer on the PC platform no less suggest that 24 FPS is what you should strive for or what they're targeting.
Not to mention that if they aim to achieve 24 FPS on modern computers, it is easy to have a swarm of people getting even less than that. Most developers aim for 60 and end up with less but playable performance, when from the get go you consider 24 acceptable you are only setting yourself to fail.
DrakenLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:58 AM   #173
CorruptAssassin

Neocore saying that they 'strove' for 24fps is simply a cop out. They've done the most minimal of work to actually optimise this engine, and have then attempted to say that it was all 'designed' this way; that a maximum framerate of 24fps is actually pretty good.... With no actual confirmation that they are working on this issue, I really don't think it'll ever be fixed adequately. Either the engine is in an unfixable state, or the developers simply don't know how to fix it.

For the record, there are 6 indie devs working bloody hard on that Sol: Exodus game. They've pumped out plenty of updates, outline how they're improving the game, and communicate well with their audience.

I'm just happy I have $35 sitting in my Steam wallet after my pre-order refund. For those that didn't know, Steam generally offer a refund on a once-per-account basis.
CorruptAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:53 AM   #174
tylesftw

This game is some sort of sick joke, I want my money back. Everything is laggy. I'm not sure whether to use DirectX 10 or 9, i don't have a ing clue what to do.

My specs are god damn fine. knew i shouldn't of just bought this game, ing neocore crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptAssassin View Post
Neocore saying that they 'strove' for 24fps is simply a cop out. They've done the most minimal of work to actually optimise this engine, and have then attempted to say that it was all 'designed' this way; that a maximum framerate of 24fps is actually pretty good.... With no actual confirmation that they are working on this issue, I really don't think it'll ever be fixed adequately. Either the engine is in an unfixable state, or the developers simply don't know how to fix it.

For the record, there are 6 indie devs working bloody hard on that Sol: Exodus game. They've pumped out plenty of updates, outline how they're improving the game, and communicate well with their audience.

I'm just happy I have $35 sitting in my Steam wallet after my pre-order refund. For those that didn't know, Steam generally offer a refund on a once-per-account basis.
How do i get a refund please explain

Last edited by tylesftw: 01-31-2012 at 08:09 AM.
tylesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #175
Tyestor

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCTx_6EgUkg#t=9m02s - In response to the developers. I don't even own the game and I think you're all idiots.

http://www.boallen.com/fps-compare.html
Tyestor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #176
corerupt

I wonder how many of the 18k views this thread has got actually have a problem with performance.

I mean if every view is unique (which I think it might be no matter how many times you revisit and observe) then that could be a lot of people that either;

Have a problem and are using the thread to see if anyone has come up with a work around.

Or

Using the thread to have a little laugh at the people who are having problems.

Yes some could be reding the forums as a whole and just clicking for a look.

Indeed some enjoy stating that everything is fine essentially offering nothing to the thread except to troll others with a problem. And not just that, providing no proof of the fact it's all fine for them. It Irk's me.

I have a suspicion that its the former, and before I get the Neocore pit-bull on my a*se (clegane), this is just reasonable speculation, but speculation none the less.

To make this all relevant to the original post, I'm still having performance issues with this game. Since the most recent patch the game has become a stuttering mess, and I'm not using steam to launch my game, and yes I have tweaked my graphic settings to try and accommodate. But should I have too?

Even though my PC should be more than capable at running this game easily >30 FPS with high graphic fidelity I can not hit above 20 currently on medium - low, before the patch it was 25 on average but would deteriorate over time.

DXdiag is on the paradox forums..

Last edited by corerupt: 01-31-2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: typo
corerupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #177
UnknownLOL

Hey, guys, I have some unusual (probably) problem with the game. The fact that it runs at ~20 fps doesn't bother me, this is a strategy game after all, another thing does however. Battles turn to slide show if I'll zoom in camera to look at my troops. On medium "character detail" settings it is impossible to look at my army even when camera is zoomed out to max height. Lowering that option seems to change 3d models to sprites, and only this can help, but if two or three squads will be close enough to camera and to each other (like in melee) it will drop fps to the ground from >25 to 1(one!) for sure.

It seems like cpu is lacking power, but core i7 quad 2k GHz should handle it at least better than 1 fps. It also seems that not all the troops produce such massive drop, fomorian army consumes only about 5 fps which can be tolerated.

So, I wonder if there is a problem on my end, or probably someone else has it like this?

P.S. Changing other settings do nothing noticeable to me.
P.P.S. Also is there any good way to measure cpu load in applications? Using task manager it shows that my cpu is only 4-7% loaded during the game.
UnknownLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:37 PM   #178
BrutHammer

I can sat that a lot of people have probs with performance, as i too. I have radeon hd 4850, 4 gb ram and amd triple core 2,1 and this gamr lag on low settings with 2-4 fps, and on height with 6-8, wtf?
BrutHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:33 AM   #179
UnknownLOL

Is it constantly like this for you? Cause I have severe drop only when a lot (not that much a lot btw) of 3d units are on screen. And this is really strange. I should probably try some other massive-scale rts like Shogun 2 to see if something is with my hardware.

btw I have found that one Deepwood Warriors squad can lower my fps to from 25+ to 4-5 on very low. Should I move the camera away slightly - models turn to 2d sprites and it stops stuttering.
It really looks like Shogun 1 on very low, still, it shows only 25-26 fps lol
UnknownLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:15 AM   #180
Deacz

Im getting better fps since the last 1.03? patch. anyone else?
Deacz is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > King Arthur series > King Arthur II: The Role-playing Wargame