Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Old 01-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
Zlash03

Angry It just crashes after start up...

I just bought this yesterday and it hasnt worked at all since. sometimes it will crash almost immediately, other times it will wait untill the end of the "Meridian" intro video. I saw some other threads but nothing helped. I also dont even understand what to do with that vcredist thing. (How do you install it?) I also heard it wont support some graphics cards. Now that is COMPLETE BS. This is the second game I have with that problem. Why do they sell something with a problem like that? Its just an easy way to steal money from you. You cant even know this would happen cause you cant know every single problem with a game before you get it. Even if you did there isnt a list saying what cards it does or doesnt support.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
kaak

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\post apocalyptic mayhem\redist (vcredist_x86)

after that install;

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\post apocalyptic mayhem\redist\directx

did it work?
kaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 04:46 PM   #3
Zlash03

Sadly it didn't.
Zlash03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
AlbertTatlock

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlash03 View Post
...I also heard it wont support some graphics cards. Now that is COMPLETE BS. This is the second game I have with that problem. Why do they sell something with a problem like that?
Did you 'hear' that it doesn't support your graphics card...? Hearing stuff is not really a potential for discussion/argument, especially when you don't quote your source...

Quote:
Its just an easy way to steal money from you. You cant even know this would happen cause you cant know every single problem with a game...
Read above about what you have 'supposed' to have heard regarding your graphics card... Biggest prob is graphics card compatibility...
If your card is not compatible then you have not been 'stolen from' Are you getting this yet?

Quote:
...you cant know every single problem with a game before you get it. Even if you did there isnt a list saying what cards it does or doesnt support.
There should be a list, yes, but you said you "...heard it wont support some graphics cards..." Are you saying you purchased this after hearing it won't support some graphics cards yet didn't check whether yours was one?

Quote:
...I also heard it wont support some graphics cards. Now that is COMPLETE BS. This is the second game I have with that problem...
Sorry, but can you possibly let us know what actually is BS? You for not checking compatibility of your graphics card before purchase OR the fact that you heard there was some incompatibility and you didn't check...
Your 2nd game too eh... Now that sucks huh...
AlbertTatlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
nuR421

No need to troll back Albert. The guy's probably frustrated as the game doesn't work. His agressiveness is understandable but yours...? Since other games work it's very likely a problem with this game or his configuration.

So, Zlash03, could you post your system details?
CPU,
GPU (graphics card)
RAM
OS (operating system)
attached USB peripherals (yes, they sometimes cause issues)

Also please press the windows key and R simultaneously and in the box type: dxdiag
after typing it please run it.

Click through eventual dialogs, if offered check if your driver is signed. Then please run a dx diag and click "Save all Information..."

Attach the txt file to your post. Eventually the developers are able to spot a configuration problem that causes the crashes.

Last edited by nuR421: 01-04-2012 at 05:37 PM.
nuR421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
Zlash03

Time of this report: 1/4/2012, 21:17:09
Machine name: LAPTOP
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP G71 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3998MB RAM
Page File: 2053MB used, 5942MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Ok so this is all from the dxdiag test. There is a ton more but I thought this was all thats necessary. If not ill add more. And yeah, I was pretty upset it didnt work but after that short rage im good now. Lol.
Zlash03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:50 AM   #7
nuR421

Ah it's a laptop. Don't worry about earlier - happens to all of us

Well, your notebook has an integrated GPU called "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD". Sadly that could be one reason.
Are you sure that your drivers are up to date? The problem with integrated GPU's and especially notebooks is that you often get lousy drivers and / or no driver updates at all.

What you could also try (I assume you are using a Wi-Fi connection) is verify the PAM cache files. Eventually they got corrupted.
To do so right click PAM in your games library - select properties.
in the following window go to the local files tab and select "verify integrity of game cache..."

But I fear that it is a GPU issue with the driver / gpu itself :/ notebooks are really tricky when it comes to gaming.
nuR421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
kn00tcn

well that intel gpu supports dx10 so it's SHOULD work even if it's slow

if it's crashing at DIFFERENT times, then something is wrong on your end (or intel needs to write new drivers)
kn00tcn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Post Apocalyptic Mayhem