Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life

Old 01-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
notdeadyet

Banned
Autosave?

Is there a mod or something that enables autosaving? i always forget that this isnt HL2 and the game doesnt save, so when i die i have to reload the chapter.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #2
MartinKhan

Banned
If you're talking about the original Half-Life, it has autosaves. Now, if you're talking about Half-Life: Source, I think there are console commands to enable autosave, but I'm not sure.
MartinKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:22 PM   #3
notdeadyet

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinKhan View Post
If you're talking about the original Half-Life, it has autosaves. Now, if you're talking about Half-Life: Source, I think there are console commands to enable autosave, but I'm not sure.
i was hoping for source but if there isnt any for source i can use the normal half life
notdeadyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #4
MartinKhan

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
i was hoping for source but if there isnt any for source i can use the normal half life
If it's Half-Life: Source, you can use the quicksave. I don't remember which button it was, I think it's F6.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
iceman78772

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdeadyet View Post
Is there a mod or something that enables autosaving? i always forget that this isnt HL2 and the game doesnt save, so when i die i have to reload the chapter.
sv_autosave 1
iceman78772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
Friendliest

mine appears to be autosaving fine, and I can almost guarantee I did not set sv_autosave 1 via the console, so maybe there should be another way to activate it, such as options menu, or it is just on by default?
Friendliest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM   #7
Atwooooood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendliest View Post
mine appears to be autosaving fine, and I can almost guarantee I did not set sv_autosave 1 via the console, so maybe there should be another way to activate it, such as options menu, or it is just on by default?
I had no autosaves the first time I played Half-Life: Source. I found that out after playing for almost 2 hours then I died... it started me back at the beginning and I had to endure the long intro again.

Fun times.
Atwooooood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:22 AM   #8
abort_user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwooooood View Post
I had no autosaves the first time I played Half-Life: Source. I found that out after playing for almost 2 hours then I died... it started me back at the beginning and I had to endure the long intro again.

Fun times.
not the intro!

the very first time i played Half Life, i was goofing around and i jumped over the railing (thinking they wouldnt let me kill myself at the beginning of the game). i had to watch that horrid intro a second time. i almost cried.
abort_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:00 PM   #9
MartinKhan

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by abort_user View Post
not the intro!

the very first time i played Half Life, i was goofing around and i jumped over the railing (thinking they wouldnt let me kill myself at the beginning of the game). i had to watch that horrid intro a second time. i almost cried.
What's wrong with the intro? I personally love it. How it gets you into the Half-Life atmosphere.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
abort_user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinKhan View Post
What's wrong with the intro? I personally love it. How it gets you into the Half-Life atmosphere.
it goes on too long. its also easy to see momentum is all screwed up in game (which is what i do cause theres little else to do). but really i was just talking about doing the intro 2 times in a row.
abort_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #11
MartinKhan

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by abort_user View Post
it goes on too long. its also easy to see momentum is all screwed up in game (which is what i do cause theres little else to do). but really i was just talking about doing the intro 2 times in a row.
Well, I'll admit that it may be a bit boring if you have to go through it twice in a row. And for the momentum, well, it was the best for that time.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #12
Teln

After you've gone through the intro three separate times in one day, it looses a great deal of its appeal. One of these days I'll get around to preserving a save file right before the resonance cascade goes off, so I only see the intro when I want to.
Teln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:48 AM   #13
pizzahut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teln View Post
One of these days I'll get around to preserving a save file right before the resonance cascade goes off, so I only see the intro when I want to.
Or you could write down the name of the level you want to start, and use the console to change map. There are two commands to do so:

- map: Starts a new game with the specified map. You will start without hazard suit and weapons, there are console commands to add them should you choose one of the later levels.
- changelevel: Changes the map after a game has already been started. You will keep the current equipment.

Last edited by pizzahut: 02-18-2012 at 07:21 AM.
pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life