Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > New Users / Training

Old 01-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
ShadyPwn

No items in inventory

Ok, I am writing this instead of my friend cause he is int allowed to post yet

he started to play tf2 today, free of cuorse. and he got like 4 items for the day. when we go to trade he doesnt have any items :C
but in the game he has 4 items.. do you know whats the problem? ir is it maybee cause its still new account and steam didnt work it through or whatever?

ok, txn
Old 01-04-2012, 09:17 PM   #2
ultimateluigi98

Well, first off, free users cannot trade, they can only give/be given items (to upgrade he has simply buy something from the Mann Co Store). As for the items, they could be untradable, which might make them seem to not be there. To see if an item is untradable, he has to look at it in his backpack and see if there's any text at the bottom of its description: if it's blank you're good to go, but if it says "Not Tradable" you won't be able to trade it.

If the items are tradable, then he might be looking in the wrong inventory in the trade window, there should be a drop-down list where you can select Team Fortress 2. Otherwise, I don't really know how they wouldn't show up...

As for what he should buy if he does want to upgrade, it's up to him but I'd personally buy a Sticky Jumper, as it's hard to get outside of buying one (more valuable for trading purposes) and helps practice sticky jumps, and it's only 49 cents..
ultimateluigi98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:18 AM   #3
ShadyPwn

Hm, so if he has some items, and wants to give it to me , he cant?
And I CAN give it to him?
ShadyPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #4
hawkian

I have an account with over 100 games and a few gifts and right now my inventory page is completely blank.
hawkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
ShadyPwn

so yoo cant trade if you have free game? you cant exhange items eh? :C
ShadyPwn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > New Users / Training