Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Terraria

Old 01-05-2012, 02:15 PM   #1
NuclearNipples

Question I can't open Terraria---Please help?

For the past few weeks, I have been unable to open my Terraria game. When I try to click "Play" in steam, a window pops up and says "Validating Steam Cache Files." Then, after a few seconds, it says "All Files Successfully Validated." However, after this happens, a second window pops up that says "The Steam servers are currently too busy to handle your request. Please try again in a few minutes." Then both windows close and Terraria does not open.

I have tried deleting my local content, but now it refuses to re-download the game. It has been stuck at 0% downloaded for over a week now, and I have absolutely no idea how to fix it. Can anyone offer some possible advice?
Old 01-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
TheCloudMario

I have been having the same exact problem. I don't know if this has been for other users, most likely. But I really hope there is a solution and/or that it gets resolved very soon.
TheCloudMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:32 PM   #3
Hell MacGee

Give this a try.
  1. Exit out of Steam.
  2. Locate your Steam folder on your hard drive. (i.e. - C:\Program Files\Steam\)
  3. Locate a file named "ClientRegistry.blob" and rename it to something like, "ClientRegistry.blob.OLD or you can delete it, but highly recommend just renaming it.
  4. Start up Steam and see if you can reinstall Terraria.

Every once in a while the ClientRegistry.blob file gets corrupted in some way and this method helps straighten out the issue...sometimes. See if it works for you.

Last edited by Hell MacGee: 01-05-2012 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Directory example correction
Hell MacGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #4
TheCloudMario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell MacGee View Post
Give this a try.
  1. Exit out of Steam.
  2. Locate your Steam folder on your hard drive. (i.e. - C:\Program Files\Steam\)
  3. Locate a file named "ClientRegistry.blob" and rename it to something like, "ClientRegistry.blob.OLD or you can delete it, but highly recommend just renaming it.
  4. Start up Steam and see if you can reinstall Terraria.

Every once in a while the ClientRegistry.blob file gets corrupted in some way and this method helps straighten out the issue...sometimes. See if it works for you.
Turns out that did not help me. Sorry.
TheCloudMario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
NuclearNipples

It still didn't help me. Thanks for trying, though.
NuclearNipples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:01 AM   #6
Hell MacGee

Sorry that the suggestion didn't work for the both of you. Only other thing I could probably suggest is going to the Terraria Online forums and see if you two can find solutions there...or even Google around.

Good luck in finding a fix.

Last edited by Hell MacGee: 01-06-2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Unnecessary sentence.
Hell MacGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
Uniacto

Banned
Did you try turning your computer off then on again? xD but seriously though, you could try it ...
Uniacto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #8
zedk999

Try installing the latest Direct x and framework and also try letting steam update your graphics card;

= = = Links = = =

DirectX End-User Runtime (Web Installer) : http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (Web Installer): http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=17851

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) : http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...ylang=en&id=29

Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 : http://www.microsoft.com/download/en....aspx?id=20914

These are to help with gameing trust me and i have these on my computer =)

but that's IF your game doesn't not function properly, but seen as your trying to download and its 0%, then try deleting everything of terria and reset your router, try these idea's if it helps if not i will try something else =)

~ Regards Zeddy
zedk999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:17 PM   #9
NuclearNipples

So I downloaded all four of those, restarted my computer, deleted the Terraria local content from Steam, and it's still at the exact same location as before. I think it'll probably work if I can figure out how to completely delete Terraria from my computer, but I can't figure out how to do it, because it seems as though it's not working when I initiate the deleting from Steam. Is there a specific Terraria folder on my hard drive that I can completely erase?
Old 01-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
Gking19

You can delete the saves I guess. In your documents there is a folder called My Games. In there is a folder called terraria. Delete that.
Gking19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
NuclearNipples

Okay, I was eventually able to fix it. I had to completely erase Steam from my hard drive, re-install it, restart my computer, and re-download Terraria (as well as all my other Steam games). It's working to perfection now. Thanks for trying to help, everyone!

PS: TheCloudMario, I would highly suggest deleting & re-downloading Steam. See if that works for you.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Terraria