Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 01-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #1
Kashim71

Hide not played games from library

Hi.
First of all, sorry for my bad english, i don't know if i will be able to make my point understandable :P

Tryed to search about this but couldn't find anything on forum.

Why there's no option to hide games im playing/i've played, from everybody's on my friend list? To be honest there are games i don't even wanna to show in my library, they make only a mess, or i don't wanna people to see that i own some of those games, not becouse im ashemed about them, just becouse i dont wanna to be questioned about them. Also i dont wanna remove nobody from my friend list.
I'm not talking about my library where i can check what games i have, i alredy did the cleaning there by making a "trash" folder that's not displaying for me. But i wanna to hide it from other people to see i own them. Also there is a problem with an DLC's showing when u watch somebodys library or other person watches urs.

Whats my point.
I wanna clean up my library that other people can see. I wanna hide 11231289 DLC to the fiew games i have and hide all of those BETA craps. I wanna people to see only the games im actually playing not all other stuff.

There should be an option on steam to "not show that game from my library to others" or something.

So in my opinion there should be a way to hide part of ur library from others to view. And i don't wanna read a talk like "why would you ever want to hide games on steam?" i wanna to have a little bit of privacy. If i would buy game from retail store i could throw it away or put in the box under the bed and forget about ir.

Valve do something with this couse its annoying, and im not the only one. There are lots of people who has the some games they dont play anymore and people who sees them in their library keep bugging them. Adding an option in Steam library to "hide this game from other users" would be anwser and i guess it's not impossible to make.

Last edited by Kashim71: 01-06-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
spartan0078

Just put them in a "Junk" category.... I drop unwanted or unplayed games in my "Retro/Done" Category.
spartan0078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
EChondo

Banned
You could right click all of the games you want to play and add them as favorites, then when you're done you can collapse the "Games" list and then you will only see your "Favorites" list.
EChondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
Khirsah01

Kashim71 is talking about hiding it from Community, not hiding it on their Steam Games.

If it was Steam Games List, then yeah, you could just place all those games in a category and minimize the list.

However you can't do that with the Community. Kashim is talking about the Game Statistics.

I guess if you wanted a quick fix, maybe set your profile to Private? But then even Friends can't see your profile then. It would stop the commenting though.
Khirsah01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
Monukai

do you mean the library under your Library section (Store / Library / News / Community) or the Library under gameplay stats on your profile?

If you mean the latter (under your profile) I don't think you can hide it

edit: too slow D:

Last edited by Monukai: 01-06-2012 at 06:32 PM. Reason: beaten to it
Monukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:32 PM   #6
Khirsah01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monukai View Post
do you mean the library under your Library section (Store / Library / News / Community) or the Library under gameplay stats on your profile?

If you mean the latter (under your profile) I don't think you can hide it

edit: too slow D:
Sorry about that ._.;

More input helps tho~
Old 01-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #7
EChondo

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khirsah01 View Post
Kashim71 is talking about hiding it from Community, not hiding it on their Steam Games.

If it was Steam Games List, then yeah, you could just place all those games in a category and minimize the list.

However you can't do that with the Community. Kashim is talking about the Game Statistics.

I guess if you wanted a quick fix, maybe set your profile to Private? But then even Friends can't see your profile then. It would stop the commenting though.
You could make your entire profile private then? Or don't create a steam community account(which you probably did).
EChondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #8
Khirsah01

Quote:
Originally Posted by EChondo View Post
You could make your entire profile private then? Or don't create a steam community account(which you probably did).
I think so, cause I have mine set to Friends Only (mwahaha) and I think there's an option for Private, so only you can see it.

If he's asking about Game Stats and people seeing his Library on there, then he already has a Community Profile. And it might be set to Public if he's getting interrogated lol.

Edit:
Yeah, you can set the whole Profile to Private.

Community Tab in Steam
Click Edit Profile on the right panel
Click Settings Tab
Click the first Dot for "Private - Only you can see your profile page."
Scroll down and click Save

DONE!

Last edited by Khirsah01: 01-06-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
Kashim71

Im dont wanna to make my profile private. What i want i to be able to hide some games from all people in my friends list. So when somebody is viewing my games, he sees only those games i want him to see.

I cleaned the library for myself alredy, in the way i see only the games im currently playing.

What i want to be able to do is to hide games from community so for example, from 20 games i own i want people to see only 15 when they view my game list.
Kashim71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
Daonitre

Old but relevant

Thread necromancy in action! ... sorry, couldn't find any similar requests since this one.

So I have almost 100 games. I have about 10-15 favored. I have friends asking me about games on my list which I've never played (mostly purchases via humble bundles) and it's getting annoying.

So does anyone know if there has been implemented a way to hide specific games from all other users without restricting all access to everything for everyone?

Semi-related, if anyone knows a way to completely remove a game from my profile that info could be helpful as well... Company of heroes was received as 4 separate games on the list (CoH, CoH: Opposing Fronts DLC, CoH: Tales of Honor DLC, and CoH ("New" Steam Version) of which only the steam version works as the producers have shut down their servers and transferred everything to steamworks.

Thanks in advance!
Daonitre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #11
goncho007

move you mouse under library tab in steam, then select recent, you will see games ordered by last time played, so games that you dont play would be on the bottom
goncho007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas