Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeons of Dredmor

Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
RulingRura

Crashing

Is anybody else's client crashing randomly, or whenever you load or save a game?
This is really annoying....
Old 01-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #2
Qrusher14242

i just had that happen to me...sucks. So does that happen with all save games?? Also, sometimes when alt+tab out and then back in, my mouse is gone.
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
rascal101

I'm having the same problem. I can't say it's happening frequently, but seems random to not, no problems when loading or saving. I end up losing a fair bit of progress though and now find myself doing to save&quit regularly to avoid this. I guess if I play with the permadeath off I can save at any point without having to quit as well?
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:09 PM   #4
jabbapop

I tend to get crashes at random times when closing an interface window, such as quest complete or level up. it makes the game unplayable. :-X
jabbapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:21 AM   #5
discrider

I just crashed too. Killed a diggle on a staircase that I had just come up and at his o-o, crashed. Reloaded the autosave, went back up the same staircase, killed the same diggle on the same turn with the same weapons on the same spot, no crash.
discrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:30 AM   #6
Muffalopadus

The game autosaves when you go up/down the dungeon. If you're constantly afraid of crashing just go up and down stairs a lot. =)

Other than that, there's really nothing you can do. I mean, if you notice something consistently crashes you you could point it out to the dev and avoid it...but other than that...yup.

Permadeath doesn't have a "save and continue" option, just quit/savequit/continue.
Muffalopadus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
TheBushranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrusher14242 View Post
Also, sometimes when alt+tab out and then back in, my mouse is gone.
If you tab out with the Menu open, that'll happen. If you just click the "minimise" button without opening the Menu or tabbing out otherwise, the cursor remains.
TheBushranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #8
Spike_ash

Happen this just now! At least, I get a achivement
Spike_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 01:20 AM   #9
Icedfate

I've been getting random crashes at times. theres never any warning and there seems to be no pattern to it.

3 times I crashed while in an ancient swirly portal or shortly after leaving one.

one time I crashed looking in a bookcase

2 or 3 other times I crashed while opening a door

one time I crashed while saving my game.

a couple of times, more than just the client crashed..my entire computer crashed and restarted itself.

one night, I left the game running and went to bed, the next moring, my entire computer screen was gray and the music was playing but I couldn't do anything..no alt tab, no nothing and had to push the button on my computer tower to shutdown and restart.

these problems only happen when I play this game. my computer has never ever crashed before in the 3 years I owned it
Icedfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:50 AM   #10
OmegaJasam

Some of those sound like they could be overheating or driver issues. make sure your grpahic card drivers are up to date, and check your fans are all working and not dust ridden. (Last time I had the one on the Graphics card die on me)

Some of those are known bugs. Bookcases will crahs you if they try to give a certain wand recipie.
OmegaJasam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #11
Teslacrashed

There is suppose to be a patch today (or barring bad circumstances, next Thursday).

From their website: http://www.gaslampgames.com/2012/01/16/dredmor-odin/
Teslacrashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #12
JimV

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaJasam View Post
Some of those are known bugs. Bookcases will crahs you if they try to give a certain wand recipie.
Just bought the game, and I crashed when a bookcase had wand recipe.

If these things are known, like that recipe will crash the game, then I'm not too happy with my purchase right now. I guess I'm supposed to go up and down stairs before I check every bookcase?

The game is kind of fun, but I doubt I'll ever get into or recommend it if you have to jump through hoops in order to avoid bugs.
JimV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #13
Mad hatters

I haven't had any crashes recently actually. Never had a previous crash with bookcases far as i know either. so :S
Mad hatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #14
oldbrokenlink

starting last night regularly crashing
still crashing even after verified game cache
oldbrokenlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:08 PM   #15
lordofterror

god dammit , the game always crashes for me whenever i get the 3rd eye skill , anyone else having the same problem?
lordofterror is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeons of Dredmor