Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 01-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
Vladimir_Lem

I need your opinion

I recently made a new CSS video, and while it is only halfway done, i want some opinions on it.

CONSTRUCTIVE comments are welcome, hateing/trolling isnt so much...

I really appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4F5Ul0LrDc
Old 01-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
ChocOrange

TOTALLY over edited. Use demos from known good players - not that I can see who they are due to the editing.

The editing is well done but not for CSS movie.
CSS movies should be about the frags not the editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8eXpyykbrY&hd=1 Much better with simple edits and good frags from good players without fakes.
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #3
Weazlebee

First 7 seconds: Oh god, ty song, whyyyyy.
After that, it was just purely awesome. Any badass FPS montage can make me pretty much like any song in the background. I like how it flashes to the dying enemy every kill. 0:14 freeze cap looks so sick. Love it bro! 5/5

To Choc: 14 minute montage much different than his 48 second minitage. I think his level of editing for the shortness is perfect.

Last edited by Weazlebee: 01-06-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Weazlebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #4
Vladimir_Lem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocOrange View Post
TOTALLY over edited. Use demos from known good players - not that I can see who they are due to the editing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8eXpyykbrY&hd=1 Much better with simple edits and good frags from good players without fakes.

Note taken, i really appreciate it.

My thoughts, when editing, is we've all seen hundreds of frag videos. Thought i would emphasize on editing, considering many dont (some do though obviously).

Again, really appreciate the feedback.
Vladimir_Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
Vladimir_Lem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weazlebee View Post
First 7 seconds: Oh god, ty song, whyyyyy.
After that, it was just purely awesome. Any badass FPS montage can make me pretty much like any song in the background. I like how it flashes to the dying enemy every kill. 0:14 freeze cap looks so sick. Love it bro! 5/5

To Choc: 14 minute montage much different than his 48 second minitage. I think his level of editing for the shortness is perfect.
Thanks a ton bro.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
Fsta-Atls

The editing is phenomenal. However, that doesn't go well with a CS video. The editing and music deters from the main aspect of the video, which is about the kills.
Fsta-Atls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
fabz

Actually I think it would be a good clip without the ugly skins, better colours (especially less glow - it decreases the overall image quality and makes it looks cheap) and those hollow shooting sounds. Your sync is pretty good and on point and your cam flights are decent. Just work some more on the colours and imo custom models/materials allways look a bit cheap
fabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #8
Marti95.

Quote:

4:35 WTF?
I've played just before this scene almost 1 year. Why it looks exactly the same?
Marti95. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
Destructionuk

it seems over edited a bit, and those frags are old. Would prefer if the frags were after update since you can't use the awp like that anymore
Destructionuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:42 PM   #10
ChocOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Lem View Post
Note taken, i really appreciate it.

My thoughts, when editing, is we've all seen hundreds of frag videos. Thought i would emphasize on editing, considering many dont (some do though obviously).

Again, really appreciate the feedback.
Ask yourself why people watch a CSS movie: for the editing or the frags.
If you think it's for the editing then I'd suggest doing edits for something else
ChocOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
Custom333

Two things take away from it, IMO: The AWP and the ending.

AWP, derp. If you want to clear a room for a demo, at least use a MP5 or something. It's still a cool movie, but using such an easy a weapon detracts from the "woah" factor.

Ending. What ending? It faded out without so much as a panoramic of the room you decimated or a shot of you walking out of the room. I'd assume it's because you died right after the fade out, but if you did, you could still show an explosion or something.
Custom333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:25 PM   #12
Vladimir_Lem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom333 View Post
Two things take away from it, IMO: The AWP and the ending.

AWP, derp. If you want to clear a room for a demo, at least use a MP5 or something. It's still a cool movie, but using such an easy a weapon detracts from the "woah" factor.

Ending. What ending? It faded out without so much as a panoramic of the room you decimated or a shot of you walking out of the room. I'd assume it's because you died right after the fade out, but if you did, you could still show an explosion or something.
You obviously didnt read my OP.

The video is half done. The only reason i uploaded it, was the fact that im not sure when ill be able to finish it.

Also bro, if you hadnt noticed, the frags are fake. The demo had been sitting on my HD for nearly a year and a half i think. I wasnt going for the "wow factor" in terms of frags, more in terms of editing.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
Vladimir_Lem

Quote:
Ask yourself why people watch a CSS movie: for the editing or the frags.
If you think it's for the editing then I'd suggest doing edits for something else
Nah, ive finally gotten the hang of smoothing with HLAE and Cinema 4D.

Ill stick with CSS
Old 01-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #14
Vladimir_Lem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructionuk View Post
it seems over edited a bit, and those frags are old. Would prefer if the frags were after update since you can't use the awp like that anymore
Note taken, really appreciate the feedback.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #15
Vladimir_Lem

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabz View Post
Actually I think it would be a good clip without the ugly skins, better colours (especially less glow - it decreases the overall image quality and makes it looks cheap) and those hollow shooting sounds. Your sync is pretty good and on point and your cam flights are decent. Just work some more on the colours and imo custom models/materials allways look a bit cheap
Note taken as well, thanks m8!!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source