Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gemini Rue

Old 01-07-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
maiar

SOLVED - Glitchy graphics and gameplay - please help

SOLVED

Hello everyone, bought this game on the Christmas sale and it looks amazing and I really want to play through it but I keep running into some problems. The problems I have encountered so far I will detail below.

- When I load a game the right side of the screen is black. It fixes when i change screens but is then often followed by one of the other two glitches.

- Dialogue begins moving way to fast! So fast you can barely see the speaking portraits flashing, and the voice and type doesn't even appear.

- I become unable to click on anything.

These bugs seem to happen intermittently but I can't even make it more than a few screens before one of them occurs. The voice and clicking ones often occur together as well. I have only been able to play the first 10 or so minutes of the game because of them.

I am playing on Windows XP 32 bit, with a Nvidia GeForce 275 and quad core phenom black AMD.

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve these issues? It would be very much appreciated!

Thank you

Last edited by maiar: 01-08-2012 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Spelling and more info, solved
Old 01-07-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
WadjetEye

Wadjet Eye Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiar View Post
Hello everyone, bought this game on the Christmas sale and it looks amazing and I really want to play through it but I keep running into some problems. The problems I have encountered so far I will detail below.

- When I load a game the right side of the screen is black. It fixes when i change screens but is then often followed by one of the other two glitches.
This problem has occurred before. The solution is detailed on the game's main forum here: http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/forum/...sg5701#msg5701

Quote:
- Dialogue begins moving way to fast! So fast you can barely see the speaking portraits flashing, and the voice and type doesn't even appear.
This is an AGS issue (AGS being the engine that we used to make the game) and isn't something we can fix. This happens if you ALT-tab out of the game or activate the steam overlay. So avoid doing that and you should be fine.

If you still have trouble, let me know!

Thanks,

-Dave
WadjetEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:41 PM   #3
fonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadjetEye View Post
This problem has occurred before. The solution is detailed on the game's main forum here: http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/forum/...sg5701#msg5701
gemini rue is a really great game, but it would be even better an experience if you let players choose whether they want fullscreen of windowed on the first run. I didn't even know that it can be changed in this game and believe me, on 24'' it look really bad on fullscreen...
fonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:24 AM   #4
maiar

Thanks for the reply!!

I was actually getting on to post that I had discovered the same thing as far as the text speed was concerned. I figured out that it was people sending me messages on steam and/or me shift-tabbing to respond to them.

I was able to play a full sitting without a single problem after that, and loved every minute of it.

Thank you for the link to the fix for the loading error as well. I did not run into it last night but I now how to fix it now.

Thanks for the awesome support, it's very much appreciated and very nice to have the maker so active!

To anyone thinking about this game and reading the forum I definitely recommend it.
maiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
WadjetEye

Wadjet Eye Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonics View Post
gemini rue is a really great game, but it would be even better an experience if you let players choose whether they want fullscreen of windowed on the first run. I didn't even know that it can be changed in this game and believe me, on 24'' it look really bad on fullscreen...
Hi Fonics. Unfortunately this is one of those AGS issues that we can't do anything about. AGS does a lot of things right, but the inability to change the game's resolution settings within the game is one of the biggest things it gets wrong. So again, sorry about that.
WadjetEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
mick0305

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonics View Post
if you go to the game folder then the reslists folder, you can run winsetup to select the option of running it in a window. you can then choose a filter to select the size of the window you want.

once you've saved that it will run through steam on the options you've selected.
mick0305 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gemini Rue