Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rochard

Old 01-07-2012, 03:03 AM   #1
zoinks99

Question Where are the save/config files stored? Need to see gamepad mappings

See topic. If I could just see the default numerical mappings Rochard is forcing for my gamepad, I could remap it in my driver software. I've been looking through all of my profile and install directories and I'm not seeing any configuration or even save files dropped by the game. I'm really hoping the mappings aren't just hardcoded in.

By the way, it would be nice if there were some way to at least disable the native gamepad functionality in the game without unplugging the controller so we could at least use JoyToKey or something. Right now it seems to keep trying to process gamepad controls even if I select keyboard/mouse in the options.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #2
snlehton

Recoil Games
Hi,

Currently the gamepad mappings are indeed hardcoded in the game, we officially support only 380 controller for Windows. However, we're working on a patch that would allow users to remap the gamepad controllers.

Regarding the keyboard/mouse settings - if you choose that in the options, no joystick input is used. However, I don't know if Unity engine somehow claims the joystick. Is your problem that you cannot use the JoyToKey if the game actually claims the gamepad controller to itself?

Cheers

Old 01-07-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
zoinks99

Thumbs up

Hi. Thanks for replying. I'm glad to hear a patch is in the works.

I've been playing around with it some more and it looks like you're right; as long as Keyboard is selected in options the gamepad won't be seized by the game, allowing me to configure it independently in JoyToKey. However if I select Gamepad input mode in the game options even temporarily, the menu starts to cycle rapidly and makes it hard to go back to Keyboard mode. That's what was messing me up before. Until the patch arrives I'll be careful to leave it on Keyboard mode.

Also, after more digging around, it looks like the game saves and keyboard mappings are saved locally to the registry key HKCU\Software\Recoil Games\Rochard. It's all crammed into two newline-delimited string values. However, it doesn't look anything a user would want to manually edit.
zoinks99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:35 AM   #4
ToothFaerie

If you use a Logitech joypad you can use xinput and it works great. If you don't have a logitech then I see key2pad being quite useful.
ToothFaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #5
snlehton

Recoil Games
An update has been released which now allows remapping the gamepad. See http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2545107 for more.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Rochard