Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X2: The Threat & X3: The Reunion

Old 01-07-2012, 05:18 AM   #1
subsonika

My X3: Albion Prelude Review

Hey,

Just wondering what people think of my review:

http://gametwonk.com/2012/01/06/x3-a...relude-review/

Cheers
Old 01-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #2
SolarInferno

I liked your review, however, X: Beyond The Frontier was released in 1999, not the year 2000.

Also, maybe for the new players you could note that it does require a bit of time to get into, and that it's not just a game you can jump into and everything is done within 1-5 hours. I've heard people gripe about how hard it is(Wasn't the case for me, however).
SolarInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #3
subsonika

Thanks. I've edited it to include a bit more about the depth.
Will correct the error too
subsonika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #4
thebigJ_A

Definitely not a review. It's just a fan gushing, which is fine, but don't call it a review.

"Hey guys, this thing's super-duper awesome! It's the biggest and best thing evar!! 10/10!!!"

I'm not making fun, it's constructive criticism. If you want your writing to be taken seriously, approach it seriously. Few games (if any) are flawless, and X3 is not one of them. It's an excellent series, I'm a fan, but I can think of half a dozen things to warn potential buyers of off the top of my head. That is, after all, the point of a review, is it not?

Read some professional reviews. Go on, say, Giantbomb, and read some reviews Jeff Gerstmann gave, or RockPaperShotgun's "Wot I Think" posts. Look at the way they review a game they like, then one they don't.

You don't want to end up sounding like an IGN writer, do you? Nobody takes those people seriously.

Good luck!
thebigJ_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
Tripiṭaka

I like the games but I wouldn't rate them a 10 (unless it's on the basis of lack of competition). Maybe a 7 or 8.

Modded I would put that higher but that's not credit to egosoft (other than their support of the community).
Tripiṭaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X2: The Threat & X3: The Reunion