Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 01-07-2012, 08:25 PM   #1
OrigAlthazar

Question Getting a "NEW" Housecarl

I'm sure it's been asked before BUT, as I can't find it, how exactly do I go about getting rid of Lydia and getting a DIFFERENT (less annoying) housecarl? Do I just take her on a quest and let her get killed, or what?
Old 01-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
anthonydraco

You have to buy a new house in a different city, like in Markarth, Windhelm, Solitude or Riften. A housecarl is always included as furniture. Though I suggest you hire a mage like Macurio or befriend Onmund instead. They're less annoying and won't get in the way.
anthonydraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
MushroomStamps

You can get rid of Lydia as a Follower, but not as a Housecarl, unless she dies.

Assuming you already have Breezeway, then just dismiss her and she goes upstairs and sits/hides next to your bed, waiting for you. Then go out and get another Follower/Mercenary anywhere else. There's plenty around.
MushroomStamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #4
anthonydraco

Even when you get married, she just sits there, staring blanking at you at your spouse sleeping.

Voyeurs.
anthonydraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
trueblaze

Don't forget while she's sitting there watching you and your spouse sleep she endlessly munches on bread. Gatta wonder how she doesn't get fat doing nothing but sitting in a chair carbo-loading on bread all day.
trueblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:56 PM   #6
Tyrax Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblaze View Post
Don't forget while she's sitting there watching you and your spouse sleep she endlessly munches on bread. Gatta wonder how she doesn't get fat doing nothing but sitting in a chair carbo-loading on bread all day.
Bestheda was probably too lazy to program 'Carbs' into their Bread.
Tyrax Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
HitDeity

What's wrong with Lydia? Other than a few snarky comments about having to carry my burgers (carb-hoardin' witch!), I actually kinda liked her. Lots better than Stefan, or Sven, or Seward, or whatever his name was...found him in Riverwood. And don't get me started on Faendal, or whatever his name was, always tracking mud all over the enchanted carpets.
HitDeity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #8
Animositisomina

You can actually avoid having her ever set foot inside your home by simply not speaking to her in Dragonsreach. Just stick to the very far right side of the room, sprint for the door and leave. As long as she doesn't initiate dialogue with you, she won't leave Dragonsreach. And then the next time you have to enter Dragonsreach, just quickly head to the left to avoid her. Using this method she will always remain in Dragonsreach.
Animositisomina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:34 PM   #9
OrigAlthazar

HitDeity_ Looks are great, but I've dumped BEAUTIFUL women IRL for having that "oh put upon little me" attitude. Why would I WANT to put up with it from a bodyguard/pack mule in a GAME?! At times I wish I could tell her (as do a LOT of other Skyrim gamers) "Just STHU and CARRY the D***** thing!"
OrigAlthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #10
montyburns1983

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrigAlthazar View Post
HitDeity_ Looks are great, but I've dumped BEAUTIFUL women IRL for having that "oh put upon little me" attitude. Why would I WANT to put up with it from a bodyguard/pack mule in a GAME?! At times I wish I could tell her (as do a LOT of other Skyrim gamers) "Just STHU and CARRY the D***** thing!"
um... it's a... game...

get help
montyburns1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #11
laquak

Another thread about Eola.
laquak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:22 PM   #12
Care_Bear

Quote:
...getting rid of Lydia ...annoying ...let her get killed
Okay, try this:

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMhnPjNCFl0
Care_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #13
fabiostahl

The only follower who isn't so annoying is Mjoll, all other followers are like Lydia. Aela didn't annoy me also because she's all serious.
fabiostahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:34 PM   #14
OrigAlthazar

Monty- That's just my point. If i'm not willing to put up with it IRL WHy would I WANT to in a game?
OrigAlthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:25 AM   #15
Tyrax Lightning

Quote:
Monty- That's just my point. If i'm not willing to put up with it IRL WHy would I WANT to in a game?
I hear tell that taking Lydia up a VERY high Mountain, stripping her gear & stuff, then Fus Ro Dah her off the highest point of the Mountain is a possible option. I can't vouch for this personally though.
Tyrax Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V