Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems

Old 01-08-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
CowPan

Plantronics Gamecom 367 not being detected?

I have a Gamecom 367 headset and it's not being detected by my computer, which has Windows 7 Home Premium. My laptop also has Windows 7 Home Premium but the headset is being detected on there, but not on my current computer. I'm not aware of any drivers for the headset, so what can I do to solve this issue?
Old 01-08-2012, 02:32 AM   #2
Bad_Motha

Banned
It's just a stereo jack, plug&play. Simple as that.
Not sure what you mean by detect. Realtek and some others may be able to do this due to "jack detect" but most sound cards don't support that. Plug it in and see if the headphones get sound in them.
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
enonka

Are you talking about the mic portion of it?
enonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #4
CowPan

Late reply >.<

When I plug the headphones into the front jacks, no sound plays and the audio devices panel says headphones aren't being detected. This is also the same for the microphone.
CowPan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
imeem

did u try the back of the computer? if it works. it may mean ur front jacks are defective. If the back also doesn't work, it may mean u have a bad headset.
imeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #6
Zodiark1593

How about your Audio Device settings. For w/e reason, whenever Independent Headphones is enabled while Steam is running, the headphones don't work. So, disable Independent Headphones, and see what happens.

To do this, go to Control Panel, go to Hardware and Sound, then go to Audio Devices.
Zodiark1593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:21 AM   #7
wickedtech

Sounds like the front audio ports are not connected to the motherboard correctly. I have also seen PCs that are custom built that do not have those connected to the motherboard at all.

Do what imeem suggested and use the ports on the rear of the PC.

You already know your headset works so if it works in the rear ports you can consider opening up your PC and checking the front audio ports if you really need them. But be careful if you do so.

good luck
wickedtech is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Hardware and Operating Systems