Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blood Bowl series

Old 01-08-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
Fahbs

How do you transfer gold from treasury to petty cash?

I can never get it to work. I type in the amount then click "yes", but I get no extra gold for inducements, just the usual amount for team value difference. But then I notice at the end of the match that it subtracted the gold from my treasury anyway. None of my friends have been able to get it to work either.

What gives?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:32 AM   #2
Fahbs

Never mind, figured it out.

The amount of gold you transfer to petty cash also raises your team value BEFORE differences are calculated. So if you were 100 points behind and transferred 100k gold, you would still only get 100k petty cash.

The only value to transferring would be paying more than the difference in values if you wanted more petty cash, but then anything you spend also goes to your opponent.

Seems pretty worthless unless you absolutely HAVE to have a certain inducement and it's worth handing money to your opponent.
Fahbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
Cutlery

The inducements exist to even the playing field between two teams. Not for the team with the highest bankroll to steamroll the other one. The inducements make sure that TV + Petty cash = TV + petty cash. Don't want to spend your money? You don't have to. If you're low on TV, you'll get the cash regardless. If you're high on TV and still want to hire a star player or need a merc because you've got a positional injured or want a wizard for that matchup, then you have to decide if it's worth giving your opponent an equivalent amount of petty cash.

It has it's place, and the longer you play, the more sense it makes. Rules are solid and the game is pretty well balanced, but it's got a steep learning curve, and it doesn't sound like you're near the top of that yet. You understand why things are the more you play.
Cutlery is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blood Bowl series