Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Driver San Francisco

Old 01-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
izihbo

Reinstalled windows - Can't play D:SF cause my cdkey is already used (by me, lol)

So I had to reinstall windows recently due to major hardware upgrade, and today I wanted to give D:SF a try with a friend online. So I start the game up for the first time, it does the usual DX installments and then it takes me through the UBISOFT launcher - which asks for my UBISOFT username and pass. No problem so far... But then it tells me to enter my cd key - which is easily fetched through Steam. I copy/paste it - and the launcher tells me the cd key has already been used - for obvious reasons - I've used it myself...

So now I can't continue installing/unlocking the game until I enter a valid/unused cd key.

Halp plx! Thx for your time.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #2
Drekinn77

Man, that bites. Surely there's a way around it.
In the meantime you could try out multiplayer in other excellent racers; have you played Blur?

Drekinn
Drekinn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #3
Darklord

Uhm, it don't understand the problem. Driver-SF should be tied to your steam accont. So it's in your game list (marked as not installed). You should be able to install it at least from there.

EDIT: Oh yes, it's from UBI, so the cd-key is seperate from your steam account. I think you should ask UBI for support on this issue.

Last edited by Darklord: 01-09-2012 at 12:35 PM.
Darklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
izihbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord View Post
Uhm, it don't understand the problem. Driver-SF should be tied to your steam accont. So it's in your game list (marked as not installed). You should be able to install it at least from there.

EDIT: Oh yes, it's from UBI, so the cd-key is seperate from your steam account. I think you should ask UBI for support on this issue.
Yeah thanks, I'm trying to go through the Steam cd-key support thing at the moment. Waiting for a reply.
izihbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
chrs3

I have not long ago reinstalled windows and steam complete also, no problems here.
You normally have to log in with your Ubisoft account, don't work with you? I didn't have to give in my cd key again.
chrs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:01 AM   #6
JTheJackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrs3 View Post
I have not long ago reinstalled windows and steam complete also, no problems here.
You normally have to log in with your Ubisoft account, don't work with you? I didn't have to give in my cd key again.
He's changed his hardware though, so technically he's on a different computer. I guess the bought game is allowed for 1 pc only, which is something that needs to die quickly in the land of gaming pc's, where hardware is outdated months after release.

My money is on Ubisoft support, too.
JTheJackal is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Driver San Francisco