Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > FUEL

Old 01-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
Razorleaff

Angry FUEL CD key doesn't work with SecuROM!

Like the title says, the CD key for my FUEL game doesn't work with SecuROM. It says that it doesn't exist in their database. I know I typed the code in properly because I pressed copy to clipboard. Any suggestions?

By the way if anyone is nice enough i'll trade them VVVVV and Portal for a CD key of FUEL, yes i've contacted SecuROM but they haven't got back after 4 days.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
gr33ntea

Same here.
gr33ntea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
jonqs

yea, same here. Sent off a message to Securom, after a few days I get this:

Quote:
It doesn't appear that your serial number is valid on our servers. You will need to contact your point of purchase regarding the activation of the application.
So I sent a copy of this over to Codemasters support, we'll see what they have to say.
jonqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
Razorleaff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonqs View Post
yea, same here. Sent off a message to Securom, after a few days I get this:

So I sent a copy of this over to Codemasters support, we'll see what they have to say.
I got the same message, I think it's automated. Please tell me what Codemasters has to say, i'm very frustrated.
Razorleaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:29 PM   #5
jonqs

Quote:
Thank you for submitting your recent request to Codemasters Customer Services concerning Fuel.

Please contact Steam directly for that type of issue. They should be able to assist you further.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards
Rob
Codemasters Customer Services
Fantastic. Guess I'll send a ticket to Valve and see what they say.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:40 PM   #6
Razorleaff

Quote:
Fantastic. Guess I'll send a ticket to Valve and see what they say.
Wow really? That sucks, I have sent a ticket to valve but all they said was that they are working on it and that they would respond when they have solved the issue.
Razorleaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
anthemfield

Experiencing the same thing here. Any word back from valve on this?
anthemfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
Nomus

I've been sending Steam and SecuRom emails for the last week and a half about this issue and neither of them have been any help at all to me. I've sent steam a series of pictures proving that the Serial they sent me was invalid for whatever reason. I'm about to contact Codemasters and hope that they can be of some help to me. I'm at least glad to see that I'm not the only one having this problem and hopefully that'll make Steam move a bit faster in fixing the problem.
Nomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #9
jonqs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomus View Post
I've been sending Steam and SecuRom emails for the last week and a half about this issue and neither of them have been any help at all to me. I've sent steam a series of pictures proving that the Serial they sent me was invalid for whatever reason. I'm about to contact Codemasters and hope that they can be of some help to me. I'm at least glad to see that I'm not the only one having this problem and hopefully that'll make Steam move a bit faster in fixing the problem.
Codemasters hasn't been much help to me, as with both securom and steam so far. I sent a photo of the issue to all the parties, and all of them say it must be an error from another company.

Anyway, I got a reply from steam. They just tell you to run the game in administrator mode and verify the cache, which of course has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PROBLEM. Tried entering the code in again and no luck. I think I'll send an email to Gabe personally.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
Nomus

Quote:
Codemasters hasn't been much help to me, as with both securom and steam so far. I sent a photo of the issue to all the parties, and all of them say it must be an error from another company.

Anyway, I got a reply from steam. They just tell you to run the game in administrator mode and verify the cache, which of course has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PROBLEM. Tried entering the code in again and no luck. I think I'll send an email to Gabe personally.
If you do email him, you should send a link to this thread.
Nomus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #11
jonqs

I shot this off, hopefully it gets noticed.

Quote:
Hi Gabe,

I'm a big fan of Steam and how it makes games easy to play. However, I recently ran into some problems where I've been led around a wild goose chase between Securom, Codemasters, and Steam support. Each company seems to avoid responsibility.

Let me explain in some more detail. I recently bought FUEL in the Holiday Sale, for what seemed like a decent price of $5. I would have been more than satisfied if I was able to play the game. Apparently, the DRM requires a CD-key that is "not valid." And I am not the only one, you can see that at least a few people have had issues in this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2473102

When I sent a ticket to Steam Support, they gave me a canned response that sounds like they didn't read the ticket at all. This was also true for Securom and Codemasters. I feel like I, and the others in that thread, have no recourse.

I know this is a lot words for a measly $5, but this is the first time something like this has happened to me in all the 150 or so games I use through Steam.

I do appreciate the Steam service, but I wish Steam support could put in a little more effort.

Thanks for reading, I know you're probably very busy.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:35 AM   #12
Draug.on

Same.

Seriously, this is not funny - handing out such CDkeys?
Frustration.
Draug.on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #13
Dunfisch

Adding myself to the list of users who can't play it - bought it when it was on sale last (Autumn sale) and tried to start it today... nope.

Same issue as all others here have, the CD-Key isn't valid anymore or something similar, but it doesn't register in any case.

I'll whip up a Support ticket as well, but I don't have much hope after reading what others experienced. Let's see if this can be sorted out...
Dunfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #14
rothrin

Yep. Got this over the holiday sale and just tried it. Serial is not in database. Has anybody got this to work lately?
rothrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #15
jonqs

I've been in an ongoing email exchange over the past week and a half with Steam support, and I keep telling them to read my original ticket, since they obviously aren't addressing my questions. Which makes me think they don't know how to read.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > FUEL