Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 01-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Smeagolthevile

non modded servers?

Are there ANY non modded servers out there? I look at the server list and they are ALL like 24/7 the same map forever! or 'gun mod' or 'zombie mod' and the rest have that mod where you have unlimited money.

Does noone play vanilla anymore?
Old 01-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #2
Guyver.

Banned
TeamPlayerGaming.com CS:S (AWP is restricted to one per team)
184.173.90.91:27015

TeamPlayerGaming.com CS:S No AWP/Auto
184.173.90.91:27016

Be aware though, that both of these servers are VERY TeamPlay oriented.

Calls are made, and followed.
Guyver. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
Smeagolthevile

Yeah... I just tried that server... whoever decided that was a good idea needs to have their head checked.

Random custom map, no markings on the radar or anything about where stuff is. I go in, they give an order, I try and follow
YOU HAVE BEEN SLAIN pops up, I ask 'you didnt go to the right spot' uh... ok...

I go out, follow orders, I'm exploring because its a nwe, custom map I never played before. I guess I walked into a spawn because YOU HAVE BEEN BANNED
Smeagolthevile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
Guyver.

Banned
There's really no markings on the radar telling you where to go even on stock maps....except for bombsites.

On those servers, as a T on de_maps, you must follow the calls exactly. The servers are really good, there's just a steep learning curve. If you would like to request to be unbanned, post here:
http://www.teamplayergaming.com/banned/

Read the sticky, and answer all of the questions. Explain that you didn't know the map/call.

There are TONS of people at TPG that will help you learn map routes/calls.
Guyver. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
Prankman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyver. View Post
There's really no markings on the radar telling you where to go even on stock maps....except for bombsites.

On those servers, as a T on de_maps, you must follow the calls exactly. The servers are really good, there's just a steep learning curve. If you would like to request to be unbanned, post here:
http://www.teamplayergaming.com/banned/

Read the sticky, and answer all of the questions. Explain that you didn't know the map/call.

There are TONS of people at TPG that will help you learn map routes/calls.
Bumping, I'm searching for some non-modded servers as well. The closest I can find are the War-Lords servers, which is quite sad given they have a player count of 40. Any completely un-modded, populated servers out there?

And no, TeamPlayerGaming doesn't count. I feel like playing a game, not having orders barked at me and then being punished if I deviate even slightly or don't understand what to do. This is a video game, and I just want to play and relax a bit after a long day, not have to worry about appeasing some power-crazy admins.
Prankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #6
-Bacardi-

Create server from menu and add bots. That's you wanted.
-Bacardi- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #7
nelioneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prankman View Post
Bumping, I'm searching for some non-modded servers as well. The closest I can find are the War-Lords servers, which is quite sad given they have a player count of 40. Any completely un-modded, populated servers out there?

And no, TeamPlayerGaming doesn't count. I feel like playing a game, not having orders barked at me and then being punished if I deviate even slightly or don't understand what to do. This is a video game, and I just want to play and relax a bit after a long day, not have to worry about appeasing some power-crazy admins.
I have my own server based in UK, but its not popular, but looking for regulars to play. What do you mean by un-modded servers, as I believe nearly 95% of servers run some sort of mod (purely for admin purposes)
nelioneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
Prankman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelioneil View Post
I have my own server based in UK, but its not popular, but looking for regulars to play. What do you mean by un-modded servers, as I believe nearly 95% of servers run some sort of mod (purely for admin purposes)
When I say un-modded, I basically mean the core game is left alone. No modified player counts, no equipment restrictions, just the plain 'ol game as it was designed. Rotating official maps would be preferable, too.
Prankman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:12 AM   #9
omgitsmewazap1

Banned
sourceop I think had some non moded TF2 servers, they may have one or two non moded CS:S servers aswell
omgitsmewazap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #10
jimmydean723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeagolthevile View Post
Are there ANY non modded servers out there? I look at the server list and they are ALL like 24/7 the same map forever! or 'gun mod' or 'zombie mod' and the rest have that mod where you have unlimited money.

Does noone play vanilla anymore?
Unfortunately not really outside of scrims. Closest thing I find to vanilla is a rotation server with 16k, usually with a bunch of server-side mods bogging the server down so it runs like garbage.
jimmydean723 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source