Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Global Agenda: Free Agent

Old 01-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
savourypastry

first time log-in

decided to try this game out, since it's free and the visual style looks promising. here's my problem.

i created an account at Hi-rez, but the game refuses to believe i exist. i keeps rejecting my username and password, claiming they are 'not valid'.

i surfed around a bit, and found out that i have to activate some sort of code by right-clicking the game in steam and clicking 'manage game account...' or something similar.

and inevitably, there is no such button when i right click the game.

anyone get this problem/are less rubbish at life than me?
Old 01-14-2012, 11:19 PM   #2
giggedyguy

I've been trying to play Tribes Ascend Closed Beta and running into the same account issues. Game won't recognize my username/password. When I entered my beta key it ran into an error, but then I got a welcome email anyway, so thought everything was working. It isn't.

Can't log into the forums either even though I can log into the website itself. Asked you to create a forum name, but that just leads to yet another "exception" error. Visit the forum directly and try to create a forum account, it takes me to the MAIN Hirez create account page. There are countless other errors I run into on their website. Sent in a support ticket about Tribes and they sent me a canned response about Global Agenda. I railed on them for not reading my ticket and they apologized, but just said it should all be working now. Well, it isn't.

I won't being buying their games because of this. They need to fire whoever designed their hirez launcher and main site. It's appalling. Lucky are those who got started before all this buggy stuff began. I'm very tired after trying for 2 days to get the issue resolved, so hope I am making sense. LOL

BTW, they told me it would be insecure to retrieve one's password if you just provided an email address, so they require your username instead, which I couldn't remember. But guess what? Their game launcher lets you retrieve both! Idiots.

Last edited by giggedyguy: 01-14-2012 at 11:23 PM.
giggedyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:32 AM   #3
savourypastry

yup. exception error.

nice work, Hi-rez.

so how did you enter your beta key in the first place? there's tell of a 'code' steam gives you to upgrade your account. apparently a 'master' account is not as prestigious as its implied nature lets on.
savourypastry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #4
Hameth

i had an issue logging in to tribes once.

I figured out that even tho you can log in to thier website with your email address and password, the games will only accept your user name and password , not your email address.
Hameth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:17 AM   #5
savourypastry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hameth View Post
i had an issue logging in to tribes once.

I figured out that even tho you can log in to thier website with your email address and password, the games will only accept your user name and password , not your email address.
i am using my username. no, the problem lies in this bizarre 'master account' business. problem is, steam have gotten rid of the link that lets you upgrade, and Hi-rez are pretending they know nothing for some reason.
savourypastry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Global Agenda: Free Agent