Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > R.U.S.E

Old 01-12-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
LordofDeth

RUSE level reset

Hi Guys

I had to reinstall windows and have lost my lvl 100. I am back to lvl 1 again?? That is daft in the extreme as now I cant get any multiplyer games!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #2
ncdspyglass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofDeth View Post
Hi Guys

I had to reinstall windows and have lost my lvl 100. I am back to lvl 1 again?? That is daft in the extreme as now I cant get any multiplyer games!
Tell me about it, also which makes it even worse....just because you have a level 1 in multiplayer....no one wants to play with you because they think your a new player.
ncdspyglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:51 AM   #3
LordofDeth

EXACTLY! I emailed UBI support and they said there is nothing they can do DOH. So now I have to level up all the way again and cant get many multiplyers games because I get kicked all the time by the idiots that think you're a noob.
LordofDeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
Gridlost

Angry

Are people really that elitist in this game? How the hell do you expect new players to get good if you constantly kick them? Self righteous Pricks...

It's jerks like that that ruin and cause games to die.
Gridlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
MrStillwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlost View Post
Are people really that elitist in this game? How the hell do you expect new players to get good if you constantly kick them? Self righteous Pricks...

It's jerks like that that ruin and cause games to die.
Yes, people are that elitist, but for good reason. In multiplayer you're heavily dependent on your teammates, and if one of them doesn't know what they're doing then it makes the games very frustrating and imbalanced for all players. This isn't just the case with RUSE, but with most team-based on-line games. Try joining a DOTA or SC2 game as a noob and see how much your teammates appreciate it. The best thing for lower levels to do is play the SP campaign first to get to a reasonable level, then start playing on-line by either joining matches at their own rank, or hosting their own games. That way they can control who they play against. Getting your rank reset can suck, but it won't take that long to get it back if you play regularly. Another point is, if you keep your steam profile open to others, they can see how long you've played the game and can therefore tell if you've been re-set or not. I usually check this before kicking a lower level, and try to explain why I'm kicking before I do.

Last edited by MrStillwater: 02-23-2012 at 02:30 PM.
MrStillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #6
Gridlost

So the experience and time you spend in the SP and AI matches are reflected in your level for online play?
Gridlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #7
MrStillwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlost View Post
So the experience and time you spend in the SP and AI matches are reflected in your level for online play?
Yep, that's right.
MrStillwater is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > R.U.S.E