Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 01-13-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
moseechev

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl (no Russian language)

Hello!

My name is Alexey, I'm a player from Russia.

I have a licensed CD-version of the game STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl with the Russian language, but I can not activate the CD-key in STEAM. Correct to even say I have all three games of this series of games.
I'm ready to buy yet another version of the game STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl in STEAM, but in the Russian segment of the STEAM missing this game, despite the fact that it is possible to buy russify game STALKER: Clear Sky and STALKER: Call of Pripyat.

Do not get me wrong, I want to buy all three copies of the game in STEAM, because I like to use the service STEAM, it's very convenient. I want to have the whole series game in STEAM!

I appeal to the Russian segment STEAM to add version of the game STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl with the Russian language.

I and thousands of Russian will tell you THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
unconnected

Sorry but i fear that it doesn't work that way. You have to buy it thru Steam to play it thru Steam. You can always just add it as a non-steam game though.

Speaking of buying it, I'm Danish and I can't see it in the store either... Only Call of Pripyat and Clear Sky. It says Shadow of Chernobyl can't be bought in my 'region'... What's up with that :S
unconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
marie pavie

There is probably a Russian language mod for Shadow of Chernobyl like this one for Clear Sky.
Also, I'm not sure but Steam may not have legal rights to sell the Russian language version.
marie pavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
cyborg34573

I say just buy Stalker SOC on steam even if its in english, you already have the russian retail version that you can play so yeah, just buy all Stalkers on steam and when you wanna play SOC just use your retail copy instead of the steam one. That way youl have all Stalkers in your steam game collection still.

Or you can just add your retail Stalker SOC as a none steam game on steam.
cyborg34573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
kozmic

"English Version" not so bad

In the "English version" most of the signs, graffitti, and "chatter" is in Russian anyway (I like it because I'm trying to learn Russian). -Вы понимаете меня? Я не знаю.
kozmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
moseechev

What a pity that I can not activate their off-line version of the STALKER game series.
The problem is that in my segment of the STEAM game STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl is not for sale.

Well, I have a friend an American, I will ask him to buy and give me this game and I'll translate them money via paypal or buy any game that he likes!
moseechev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
unconnected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozmic View Post
In the "English version" most of the signs, graffitti, and "chatter" is in Russian anyway (I like it because I'm trying to learn Russian). -Вы понимаете меня? Я не знаю.
The russian voices is just better in general, if you want to understand whats going on you can always install the subtitles mod.
unconnected is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series