Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Defenders

Old 01-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
jmido

How to farm mythic gear & mana (60+mil 30 mins)

Hi everyone! This is my guide to farm gear & mana on Mistymire NM HC. The run takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes. Getting to wave 12 can net you about 60 mil mana + 100mil from drops that you can sell. Please note that this is just a gear/mana farming guide up until the boss. This is not a boss guide!

Normal campaign makes good money, but if you want better gear and more money , run the campaign on hardcore(better gear does drop on hc)! Just be careful because if you die on hardcore, you don't respawn the rest of the round. I recommend running through this no hardcore your first few tries or until you get some better gear.

This is the build I use, it has great spider protection and it's possible with lowish tower stats:
(I started with 300/550/300/300 and i'm currently at 500/900/500/550 from misty gear)

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=11435

EDIT: Tweaked build with better north success:
http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=11642

Build Directions:

1. Start by running south and taking all the chests + shroomite(you need 100 hero speed to navigate this map fast enough. I usually finish pre-wave 1 building with 30 seconds left). Don't forget about the shroomites! You need that mana for the first building phase. Scroll to the bottom of this post for the 5 shroomite locations.

2. Build counter clockwise around the map. Each of the 4 choke points should have barricades, 1 lightning, 1 fireball, and 1 magic missile (the magic missile faces away from the choke point for spider protection).

3. During the first wave, equip a genie (if you have trouble, use an app guardian) and build the remain towers at each choke point. You should build 1 additional fireball, and 2 additional magic missiles at each point. Please follow my diagram closely for tower positioning as it does make a difference.

4. During the 2nd build phase, build your 3 anti-air towers by the west crystal. Then switch to a monk (the stats don't really matter, but the bigger the radius the better) and put an ensnare aura infront of every barricades.

5. Once you have finished all the main towers, build additional barricades behind your towers. This helps against spiders because some spiders will attack/get caught on the barricades instead of going for your towers. Make sure the barricades are in range of your magic missile defenses though.

Tips while playing:

1. Check your mini-map often! If you don't check your mini-map you WILL fail. If you're at south spawn, you need to be checking it frequently to make sure the top isn't being overrun by spiders. Just because there is spider defense does not mean it will stop them.

2. When an ogre appears, run for that choke point and buff the towers with your apprentice guardian (you need an apprentice guardian out if you don't have the best tower stats). If there are multiple ogres, be ready to run to the next set of towers to buff those next.

3. While buffing towers, keep your mini map open so a random spider won't catch you off guard and 1-shot you.

4. Resist gear! I know you want to use your upgrades for tower stats and dmg but you need resist! Once you get 90 resist in each type, no more 1-shots for you. If you can't do 90% in every type, general and poison are really good (ogres shoot out poison balls that will 1shot you if you don't have enough resist).

5. Buy/upgrade a DPS weapon. It's very important that you get yourself a dps weapon. It REALLY helps when handling spiders.

6. Repair, repair, repair, upgrade! Make sure you're always repairing and upgrading your towers. In general, I like to get all my barricades to 3 arrows before I start upgrading towers (don't upgrade the non choke point barricades). After you finish fighting an ogre, repair everything super quick and take off to the next point.

Looting for your AFK shop:

1. 90^+ weapons/armors sell for a good amount.
-Staffs with 400+ base damage, elemental damage, +knockback, +overcharge, +projectiles, +projectile speed sell well.

-Disc throwers with 300+ base, elemental damage, +2-3 rate of fire, +reload, +projectile speed sell REALLY good.

-Miniguns with similiar stats as the disc thrower sell well.

2. For armors, there are several different factors that many people look for:
a. hero dps gear: high hp & damage
b. tower dps gear: high tower damage
c. well rounded tower gear: gear that has good stats for 3-4 of the tower stats

***Negative stats in hero hp, or any tower stats are almost unsellable so don't loot them (usually). In addition, negative stats in general make it harder to sell gear but it's not impossible***

3. Let everything else sell to the vender, you will make some crazy cash!

4. Always talk to the shroomites! There are 5 of them around the map and they can give you pets!: (auras = shroomites)
http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=11350

5. If you don't have reasonable prices, you aren't ever going to make money! Everything I sell is generally between 1-10 mil. The only exceptions are high upgrade weapons and armor with great stats + lots of upgrades (all tower stats +100, 90+ upgrades, etc.)

6. Pet pricing! You will get a bunch of pets from the shroomites. Genies, fairies, app guardians, and huntress guardians are hot sellers and can fetch 3 mil pretty easy even with bad stats. Everything else moves very very slow! Even at 500k - 1mil.

Last edited by jmido: 01-14-2012 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Sossenbinder

awesome, thank you very much for sharing this.
Sossenbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #3
jmido

No problem, I'v been working on a good endless spirals build as well. It works great on the Nightmare HC campaign but I haven't tried it yet on survival.

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=16883

Last edited by jmido: 02-03-2012 at 04:55 PM.
jmido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
asianboytank

Hey! i was wondering if u wanna do some nightmare with me ( im talking to the owner of this post :P )
asianboytank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:26 AM   #5
Cheezburgers

Doesnt really fit here, but everytime i beat endless spires NM HC i check the tavern for any bugged (10 mana) pets to buy. I've got a bunch of them now, how much should i set their price to? Ranging from 90-120 up slots.
Cheezburgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #6
jmido

Well if you have good apprentice/huntress guardians with 100^+ and 100+ stats, they could go for a couple hundred millions. Other pets, i'm not to sure about. Probably not more than 100 mil, maybe 120-150 if you advertise right and it's what someone is looking for.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
geronimo789

An excelent guide, but I've had more succes building closer to the crystals. You have to cover less ground to buff/upgrade/repair (so less exposure to spiders) and your towers are better covered.

Something like this:
http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=11600

I don't really get very far however. I tend to die through a combo of ogre spit and spiders/ninjas (possibly due to resists in the 60's

But yeah, building it like that had more succes for me. Maybe the strikers can be replaced by some fireballs/magic missiles. But I like having em there for spiders and all.
geronimo789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #8
jmido

Tweaked my build! The north entrance was moved up which make the spiders funnel through a little passage way. They run into the barricade I have set there. It works great. I'm going to experiment with the north east entrance next and move that farther up as well. I was even able to carry 3 other players to round 10. If they had genies/app/hunt guardians, and weren't too busy trying to loot everything, we could have probably made it to the boss easily lol.

http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=11642

Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo789 View Post
An excelent guide, but I've had more succes building closer to the crystals. You have to cover less ground to buff/upgrade/repair (so less exposure to spiders) and your towers are better covered.

Something like this:
http://html5.cubicleninja.com/dd/index.htm?layout=11600

I don't really get very far however. I tend to die through a combo of ogre spit and spiders/ninjas (possibly due to resists in the 60's

But yeah, building it like that had more succes for me. Maybe the strikers can be replaced by some fireballs/magic missiles. But I like having em there for spiders and all.
I tried a build like that once but it was too congested in the middle. Plus, if you ever attempt a boss run, the north east wall and east wall are practically built on her spawn. When I tried to fight her with a build like that, she took down the east barricades immediately and then went straight for the north eastern one. I'll give it another try though, I'v gotten significantly better gear since the last time I tried it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianboytank View Post
Hey! i was wondering if u wanna do some nightmare with me ( im talking to the owner of this post :P )
Sure! Add me on steam.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jmido8/

BTW, please don't just join my games. Send me a msg first. Sometimes i'll be on survival or a higher wave and another person can mess it up. Although, I usually prefer to play with others.

Last edited by jmido: 01-14-2012 at 02:00 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Defenders