Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EverQuest series

Old 01-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #1
neofit

EQ1 regeneration rate

Hi,

Back in the old days of EQ1, one had to wait like 15 mins doing nothing while regenerating mana or HP. Then I resubscribed in 2008 and apparently they had implemented a new system: 30 secs after the end of a fight the OOC regen kicks in, and one gets to 100% HP or mana in 3 mins.

Sure I had nothing better to do 11 years ago than sit on my butt and regen, but more importantly I had nothing to compare it with. Nowadays I am expecting to fully regen in 30 secs, not just have some OOC kick in. Otherwise, with all the backlog of interesting games that I have, I feel that I am wasting way too much of my very precious game time. Is the same OOC healing rate still in effect or did they speed it up?

(asking this here since the SOE forums won't let me post unless I subscribe)
Old 01-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
captain_video

Actually you can post in the new user's form without being a subscriber, and quite a few former players considering a return to the game do ask questions there.

The OOC regen rate can be modified from the default values you cited, in a variety of ways, e.g. possessing an enchanted item which serves to increase regen rate, or having another player buff you with a spell. The defaults you see are the result of literally years worth of player feedback and fine tuning. They're not going to just give you instant full regen, because that would immediately break most of the high-level content, and even some of the named encounters at lower levels. Managing your regen rate, and coordinating with other players in your party with regard to the timing of spells, is an integral part of playing the game.

Bear in mind that in a raid, or in an instanced encounter where one or more members of your party are pulling, you might go quite some time without ever being OOC. If your party survives, it is likely going to take you that full three minutes, at least, to regroup and get everyone else healed up.
captain_video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
DanMan3395

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofit View Post
Hi,

Back in the old days of EQ1, one had to wait like 15 mins doing nothing while regenerating mana or HP. Then I resubscribed in 2008 and apparently they had implemented a new system: 30 secs after the end of a fight the OOC regen kicks in, and one gets to 100% HP or mana in 3 mins.

Sure I had nothing better to do 11 years ago than sit on my butt and regen, but more importantly I had nothing to compare it with. Nowadays I am expecting to fully regen in 30 secs, not just have some OOC kick in. Otherwise, with all the backlog of interesting games that I have, I feel that I am wasting way too much of my very precious game time. Is the same OOC healing rate still in effect or did they speed it up?

(asking this here since the SOE forums won't let me post unless I subscribe)
this person is the reason mmo's suck bawlz now. That slow regen wasnt meant for you to sit alone like a loser for hours. It was meant to incentivise grouping. this is why world of crapcraft and EQ1/EQ2 are incredibly boring now and full of people who feel the need to log into a huge player community just to play alone. It takes like a month to hit cap and then begins the mindless gear grind now. These games are so unpleasant now its like they aren't mmo's.

There was a day when people played together with people they knew and good times were had. Now everyone joins random groups, only talk when its to about some noob screwing something up or when loot is stolen. ZZZZZZZzzzzzz
DanMan3395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
Threx2193

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMan3395 View Post
this person is the reason mmo's suck bawlz now. That slow regen wasnt meant for you to sit alone like a loser for hours. It was meant to incentivise grouping. this is why world of crapcraft and EQ1/EQ2 are incredibly boring now and full of people who feel the need to log into a huge player community just to play alone. It takes like a month to hit cap and then begins the mindless gear grind now. These games are so unpleasant now its like they aren't mmo's.

There was a day when people played together with people they knew and good times were had. Now everyone joins random groups, only talk when its to about some noob screwing something up or when loot is stolen. ZZZZZZZzzzzzz
^this
Threx2193 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > EverQuest series