Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders

Old 01-15-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
Sovelin

Abyssal armor did not carry over

I beat the game on normal and had the abyssal armor. I started a new game on apocalyptic, but I did not have the abyssal armor. Anyone else have this issue?
Old 01-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
Bulletooth

yep, i believe it's a PC exclusive glitch
Bulletooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
Sovelin

Not really making me want to support the developers and buy Darksiders 2. They seem not to care at all about the PC version.
Sovelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
Bulletooth

the PC port was a late decision anyways, and the glitches aren't nearly as bad as in many other multiplatform or even PC exclusive games. i am definitely getting Darksiders 2 as I feel we need to support this genre on PC.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
Earthworm James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletooth View Post
the PC port was a late decision anyways, and the glitches aren't nearly as bad as in many other multiplatform or even PC exclusive games. i am definitely getting Darksiders 2 as I feel we need to support this genre on PC.
lulwut? Name a single console port with worse bugs than this one.
The amout of bugs in this game is ridiculous, I had freezelocks, CTDs, random achievements, no sound on some cinematic, the swords bug and the abysmal armor bug. And no, my rig is fine, I ran more than 200 games fine, this game is just broken.
It was a pain in the to finish it once and I uninstalled it right away.
Not that the game is bad, it's actually very good, but the PC port is a POS.
Not going to spend my money on DS2 until I read some reviews and get some feedback about the PC port quality.
Earthworm James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #6
Bulletooth

thing is, everyone had different experiences. i for one had one single bug throughout the whole game, and that was the abyssal armor bug, which i honestly didn't care about that much.

want a worse port? try RE4.

DS2 is being made for all platforms from start so i don't think we'll be encountering that many problems. besides, it's a great port in terms of controls, which is bloody important for a slasher game. just try playing any DMC game with M+K
Old 01-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
T@F

This game does have a few bugs.

But the main bug for me is when i boot the game up,my router acts as if its downloading a file until i quit the game,then it take 10-20 mins for the router to calm down.

What i like to know is why it does this.
also it happens with everyone i know so it's not a computer prob.

Anyway I think they should patch a few things in this game inc the armour before they bring out sequel to it.
T@F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:31 PM   #8
Bulletooth

didn't happen post-release, wont happen now

they are too busy with the sequel and Dark Millenium anyway
Old 01-15-2012, 03:42 PM   #9
Sovelin

Anyone e-mail and ask them if we can expect better support on the sequel?
Old 01-15-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
Vladimir_Lem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm James View Post
lulwut? Name a single console port with worse bugs than this one.
The amout of bugs in this game is ridiculous, I had freezelocks, CTDs, random achievements, no sound on some cinematic, the swords bug and the abysmal armor bug. And no, my rig is fine, I ran more than 200 games fine, this game is just broken.
It was a pain in the to finish it once and I uninstalled it right away.
Not that the game is bad, it's actually very good, but the PC port is a POS.
Not going to spend my money on DS2 until I read some reviews and get some feedback about the PC port quality.
Interesting, seeing as i havent had one issue with this game, other than the Achievement bugs...

Ive beaten this game 3 times, in the past 2 years, on two separate machines. With no issues at all.

Your issue is clearly your PC.

Last edited by Vladimir_Lem: 01-15-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Vladimir_Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 PM   #11
Sovelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Lem View Post
Interesting, seeing as i havent had one issue with this game, other than the Achievement bugs...

Ive beaten this game 3 times, in the past 2 years, on two separate machines. With no issues at all.

I doubt this. Many people are having issues. I doubt you have the one perfect PC and everyone else has inferior systems. My comp is top of the line, and I have the abyssal armor issue, the achievement bug issue, and random game crashes.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:01 PM   #12
Bulletooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Lem View Post
no, it's not. like i said, i've experienced close to no issues - not even achievement problems. but many people reported CTDs, hard freezes and other problems described above. it might be a hardware compatibility issue, might be something else. either way it's a problem on the devs' side and people have the right to be mad.

but again, it was a port - not to mention their FIRST game. the sequel is being developed on all platforms equally, so i think we're in for a treat.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:02 PM   #13
Aftermathrar

I had a lot of crashes when I was using XP 64-bit, where I'd often get crash loops at the general, after horse arena, random other areas, and the game would always crash once when entering the warp zone for Anvil's Ford after collecting the sword shards. Achievements and everything else worked fine though.

Now that I've switched to win7, the two PCs I've played on haven't had any problems with the game. I'm thinking it was something I had installed or just something with XP, but haven't had a crash since. I've played through the game probably a hundred times now without issue, so I'm inclined to agree it's a PC/OS thing.

Not the best port obviously, since it does have those problems in the first place and is incredibly unoptimized for pc hardware, but it does work.

Edit: Forgot about the Abyssal Armor, I guess I've always had that bug. But I think that the game instability is related to PC specs/setup.

Last edited by Aftermathrar: 01-15-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Aftermathrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #14
avalanche272

i have had the same problem. but it was the only glitch/bug i encountered in three playthroughs.

anyway, there is a solution. you need a savefile and a hex editor.
read shihizus post: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2163412
avalanche272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:02 PM   #15
Vladimir_Lem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovelin View Post
I doubt this. Many people are having issues. I doubt you have the one perfect PC and everyone else has inferior systems. My comp is top of the line, and I have the abyssal armor issue, the achievement bug issue, and random game crashes.
Want my sys specs? Here are my two machines

1-
Core 2 Q6600 @ 3.0
6GB Kingston
Dual GTX 470's
Single 240GB Kingston SSD
Vista 64bit

2-
i7 3930k @ 4.7
32GB Kingston HX
Dual GTX 590
Dual 240GB Kingston SSD (R0)
Dual WD 2TB Black Edition
Windows 7 64bit Ulti

Updated drivers on everything mentioned above (not that hardware really matters), and never had a single problem, other than the achievement bug mention above. The i7 rig was built 1 week ago, which was my last playthrough of the game.

Was one of the better ports that ive played. Compared to Rockstar (lol @ GTA IV prior to patching, Manhunt 1 & 2, or Bully....), the guys did a decent job.

Forgot to mention, iif you guys are wanting the Abyssal armor the second playthough solely for the purpose of beating it on Apocalyptic... its more than obtainable/do-able without it. we all know the game wasn't difficult, by any means.

Last edited by Vladimir_Lem: 01-15-2012 at 10:09 PM.
Vladimir_Lem is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Darksiders