Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > L.A. Noire

Old 01-15-2012, 02:19 AM   #1
Danis

Where are the other cases?

I have the complete edition and I played all cases available for my version.

I have completed all ten missions on desk with 5 stars (except patrol cases which I have no score).
And now, where are the others?

I think I already have Vice desk and Arson desk because I've the complete edition, but not Homicide desk.
And once I have completed The Driver’s Seat I have not other cases on this desk.
How can I activate other missions? I have to do something in particular?
Old 01-15-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
DPB

I'm not sure I follow - haven't you been using resume to continue your progress? Cases unlock automatically as you proceed through the story, the cases menu is only there so you can replay ones you've already finished.

Last edited by DPB: 01-15-2012 at 06:07 AM.
DPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #3
Razorbak86

Sounds like you may have jumped straight into the individual DLC cases from the Cases menu without starting up and playing through a new game.

The only way you can unlock non-DLC cases from the original game, other than the tutorial missions in the Patrol Desk, which are never scored, is by playing through the story on a new game and using continue.

When the DLC cases were released, they automatically populated the desks for their respective divisions, and they can be played through separately without being directly linked to story progression. That way, people who had already finished the original game could jump straight into the DLC cases without having to start a new game.

Purchasers of the Complete Edition only see the Patrol Desk (tutorial cases) and the five DLC cases in the Cases menu upon start-up until they have begun a new game and progressed through the main campaign. When playing a new game, the DLC cases will fall into their appropriate order in the story progression, but they will always be visible in the Cases menu, regardless of your % progress in completing the game.

Last edited by Razorbak86: 01-15-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Razorbak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
Danis

Right. I've click on continue, then The Driver's Seat started again and again I've completed it. Once back in the menu I click on continue and it ask to me what save should load. And it's only old saves of old cases, not new!
The game don't continue: I'm still trapped in this loop!
Danis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
Razorbak86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danis View Post
Right.
Right, what? Did you jump straight into individual cases from the CASES menu, or did you start a new game from scratch? If you started from the CASES menu, then you should probably start over from scratch. It won't take very long to play through the tutorial missions again, and then you should be fine.
Razorbak86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #6
Austin007

When it shows you the list of saved games just select the latest one (it should be in green text), it might even be the default. Mine does this now that I tried one old case but now I just load my main save and all is good.

Last edited by Austin007: 01-22-2012 at 03:28 PM.
Austin007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > L.A. Noire