Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blackwell series

Old 01-15-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
hustlayo

Deception Steam achievements?

Why are they not listed on the games' store page?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/80360

However, in the game details table it's said there are available achievements for this title. Does that mean they are available or not? I hope they will be cause for some reason I love doing all achievements in Wadjet Eye Games games
Old 01-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
hustlayo

Why will no one answer me?

If I'll buy the game - will there be achievements available to unlock? They're not listed on a Steam Game Store page so that's why I'm asking. It's a simple question.
hustlayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
balkep

There are 18 achievements for Blackwell Deception.
balkep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
WadjetEye

Wadjet Eye Games
Sorry, didn't see this thread before for some reason.

You know, you're right! I dunno why the achievements aren't viewable. It looks like a problem on the Steam end. I'll send them an email now.
WadjetEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #5
kalirion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadjetEye View Post
Sorry, didn't see this thread before for some reason.

You know, you're right! I dunno why the achievements aren't viewable. It looks like a problem on the Steam end. I'll send them an email now.
Also, the wrong achievements are being unlocked. I just finished the game with 4 achievements left to go according to the Library page. All 4 achievements are the usual "progress" achievements that are necessary to complete the game: Take My Card, Music Lover, Still Got It, and Back From Beyond.

The four achievements which I actually missed in-game were Face Plant, Button Pusher, Bullet Dodger, and Listen Closely Now.
kalirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #6
Herbacha

Same problem for me :
I do see the number of achievements in the library, I also correctly unlocked 15 of them in the game, but I can't see the game's achievements page (I can't see the page in my on-line steam profile either).

Also, the achievements in the "locked" section aren't the good ones, since I remember unlocking 2 of them. But I assume it's because the Steam client can't get the Achievements page and thus can't determine which one are left to unlock.

On an unrelated note, those 4 games were awesome, I must say congratulations WadjetEye for creating point'n'clock games so good they bring back nostalgia from the LucasArts golden age
Herbacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
kalirion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbacha View Post
On an unrelated note, those 4 games were awesome, I must say congratulations WadjetEye for creating point'n'clock games so good they bring back nostalgia from the LucasArts golden age
Actually the game that Blackwell series reminds me the most of is Sierra's Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father, though easier and with less exposition (that game taught me a LOT about Voodoo culture!)
Old 01-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
WadjetEye

Wadjet Eye Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalirion View Post
Actually the game that Blackwell series reminds me the most of is Sierra's Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father, though easier and with less exposition (that game taught me a LOT about Voodoo culture!)
This is no accident. Blackwell is basically me trying to do Gabriel Knight. I loved those games.
WadjetEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #9
kalirion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadjetEye View Post
This is no accident. Blackwell is basically me trying to do Gabriel Knight. I loved those games.
Makes sense!

I still need to get around to playing the second and third titles in the series. Already own them on GOG, but my backlog is so huge!

Maybe after Gemini Rue....
Old 01-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #10
lazy macey

This " Face Plant " achievement, how to get this one or can somebody explain the proper description.
I mean , " abuse an innocent "? how do i read this.?

If it's the plant ,of wich Rosa says " it needs a trim ", then how to trim it?
There is nothing to throw at the plant or to pick-up, no knife or anything and Joey doesn't want to blow at it.

Finished Deception and got all but one achievement, i simply don't know how to unlock " Face Plant ".
Thanks

Last edited by lazy macey: 01-21-2012 at 07:09 AM. Reason: added info
lazy macey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #11
emol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy macey View Post
This " Face Plant " achievement, how to get this one or can somebody explain the proper description.
I mean , " abuse an innocent "? how do i read this.?

If it's the plant ,of wich Rosa says " it needs a trim ", then how to trim it?
There is nothing to throw at the plant or to pick-up, no knife or anything and Joey doesn't want to blow at it.

Finished Deception and got all but one achievement, i simply don't know how to unlock " Face Plant ".
Thanks
Little hint
Spoiler:
It implies a TRUE innocent kind of human being

Real solution
Spoiler:
At the Haines' apartament you must make the baby to follow Joey and go through the left door BUT you must have kept that door closed so the baby would beat himself with it

Really funny :P

Last edited by emol: 01-21-2012 at 03:32 PM.
emol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #12
lazy macey

Thanks emol, your solution never crossed my mind.
lazy macey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #13
hustlayo

Okay, the achievements are showing now and the community page for them works as well. Cool!
hustlayo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blackwell series