Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blackwell series

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
hustlayo
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 8
Posts: 30
Deception Steam achievements?

Why are they not listed on the games' store page?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/80360

However, in the game details table it's said there are available achievements for this title. Does that mean they are available or not? I hope they will be cause for some reason I love doing all achievements in Wadjet Eye Games games
hustlayo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #2
hustlayo
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 8
Posts: 30
Why will no one answer me?

If I'll buy the game - will there be achievements available to unlock? They're not listed on a Steam Game Store page so that's why I'm asking. It's a simple question.
hustlayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:56 PM   #3
balkep
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Reputation: 5
Posts: 8
There are 18 achievements for Blackwell Deception.
balkep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:16 PM   #4
WadjetEye
 
WadjetEye's Avatar
 
Wadjet Eye Games
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 22
Posts: 148
Sorry, didn't see this thread before for some reason.

You know, you're right! I dunno why the achievements aren't viewable. It looks like a problem on the Steam end. I'll send them an email now.
WadjetEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 PM   #5
kalirion
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reputation: 1591
Posts: 5,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by WadjetEye View Post
Sorry, didn't see this thread before for some reason.

You know, you're right! I dunno why the achievements aren't viewable. It looks like a problem on the Steam end. I'll send them an email now.
Also, the wrong achievements are being unlocked. I just finished the game with 4 achievements left to go according to the Library page. All 4 achievements are the usual "progress" achievements that are necessary to complete the game: Take My Card, Music Lover, Still Got It, and Back From Beyond.

The four achievements which I actually missed in-game were Face Plant, Button Pusher, Bullet Dodger, and Listen Closely Now.
kalirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #6
Herbacha
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 1
Same problem for me :
I do see the number of achievements in the library, I also correctly unlocked 15 of them in the game, but I can't see the game's achievements page (I can't see the page in my on-line steam profile either).

Also, the achievements in the "locked" section aren't the good ones, since I remember unlocking 2 of them. But I assume it's because the Steam client can't get the Achievements page and thus can't determine which one are left to unlock.

On an unrelated note, those 4 games were awesome, I must say congratulations WadjetEye for creating point'n'clock games so good they bring back nostalgia from the LucasArts golden age
Herbacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:03 AM   #7
kalirion
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reputation: 1591
Posts: 5,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbacha View Post
On an unrelated note, those 4 games were awesome, I must say congratulations WadjetEye for creating point'n'clock games so good they bring back nostalgia from the LucasArts golden age
Actually the game that Blackwell series reminds me the most of is Sierra's Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father, though easier and with less exposition (that game taught me a LOT about Voodoo culture!)
kalirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #8
WadjetEye
 
WadjetEye's Avatar
 
Wadjet Eye Games
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 22
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalirion View Post
Actually the game that Blackwell series reminds me the most of is Sierra's Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father, though easier and with less exposition (that game taught me a LOT about Voodoo culture!)
This is no accident. Blackwell is basically me trying to do Gabriel Knight. I loved those games.
WadjetEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #9
kalirion
 
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Reputation: 1591
Posts: 5,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by WadjetEye View Post
This is no accident. Blackwell is basically me trying to do Gabriel Knight. I loved those games.
Makes sense!

I still need to get around to playing the second and third titles in the series. Already own them on GOG, but my backlog is so huge!

Maybe after Gemini Rue....
kalirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #10
lazy macey
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 9
This " Face Plant " achievement, how to get this one or can somebody explain the proper description.
I mean , " abuse an innocent "? how do i read this.?

If it's the plant ,of wich Rosa says " it needs a trim ", then how to trim it?
There is nothing to throw at the plant or to pick-up, no knife or anything and Joey doesn't want to blow at it.

Finished Deception and got all but one achievement, i simply don't know how to unlock " Face Plant ".
Thanks

Last edited by lazy macey: 01-21-2012 at 07:09 AM. Reason: added info
lazy macey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #11
emol
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 1
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy macey View Post
This " Face Plant " achievement, how to get this one or can somebody explain the proper description.
I mean , " abuse an innocent "? how do i read this.?

If it's the plant ,of wich Rosa says " it needs a trim ", then how to trim it?
There is nothing to throw at the plant or to pick-up, no knife or anything and Joey doesn't want to blow at it.

Finished Deception and got all but one achievement, i simply don't know how to unlock " Face Plant ".
Thanks
Little hint
Spoiler:
It implies a TRUE innocent kind of human being


Real solution
Spoiler:
At the Haines' apartament you must make the baby to follow Joey and go through the left door BUT you must have kept that door closed so the baby would beat himself with it


Really funny :P

Last edited by emol: 01-21-2012 at 03:32 PM.
emol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:34 AM   #12
lazy macey
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 9
Thanks emol, your solution never crossed my mind.
lazy macey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:33 AM   #13
hustlayo
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 8
Posts: 30
Okay, the achievements are showing now and the community page for them works as well. Cool!
hustlayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blackwell series


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.