Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda

Old 01-15-2012, 12:30 PM   #1
SirFur

Please help....

Hi,
Just went back to the game after a hiatus and wanted to try and get some of the achivements I hadn't got yet. Unfortunately, I tried to restart the game at the first level.....but I somehow couldn't do that and seems that I've started a new game that deleted my old progress and abilities....so now I'm back to a level 0 ARES and I have to play it all over again....I was sure there was a way to select the level you wanted to do once you;d completed the game....seems like I've messed my save game up.

Is there any way to reverse the save games? I've tried to do some research and can;t really find much of help....

I don't want to really play the whole game again....as well it did take a me a while to do it first time round and well I have a lot of other games waiting to be played....doing it all again is just going to annoy me and won;t be much fun without the unlocked abilities that I had...
Old 01-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Bleako

One thing I know is that you can find your savegames in the "Documents/ARES/Profiles" folder.

What you could try is do a Windows system restore just before the date where you started a new game. MAYBE it's going to restore the old file.

Alternatively, try using my savefile (put it in the Profiles folder). I'm not sure if you're going to be able to unlock achievements that way however, but it's worth a try.

Last edited by Bleako: 01-18-2012 at 07:04 AM.
Bleako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #3
SirFur

Ah cool thanks.

Naw its not to 'get' achievements as such. Its just to work on them...eg. get the higher ranks and take down the bosses etc.

Is it possible to select which level you want to complete?

The save you linked me started at level 3...any way I can reset it to start at level 1 without wiping all the data?

ps. I don't run windows restore - too resource intensive and offers very little advantage. I just back up regularly and I have multiple hard-drives and partitions.
SirFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #4
Bleako

Press Tab to go in the menu, then press Q or E to scroll through the submenus. Go in the level selection menu and click the level you want to load.
Bleako is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda