Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 02-18-2005, 04:55 AM   #1
TheGunslinger

Banned
Post HL2: DM - Unoffical Bug List - Pre OrangeBox

Half-Life 2 : Deathmatch, Unoffical Bug List

Sign the petition to help get rid of these bugs here

I'd like to thank the [PoJ] clan for hosting the demo's and images (www.pojclan.co.uk #PoJ)

#1 Physical Mayhem

This seems to occur every now and again, however, with the release of dm_steamlabs, it has occured much more than before. This problem causes the physics of all objects to completely mess up, respawning weapons fall through the floor, throw grenades go through walls, objects and floors. Objects seem to have a mind of their own as they bounce about randomly.
Currently the only fix is to restart the server, as the physics remain changed through map changes.
.DEM

#2 Missing Animation

The Missing animation, also known “Jesus”; is when the player model will appear with both arms and legs out, and head up. Although the player is still playing as he/she would normally, the other players see it as this Jesus model, suggesting that the animation that the player is trying to carry out, is unavailable at that time, and so the model reverts to it’s standard position.
Picture

#3 Auto Suicide.

This is a more serious problem, where, when a player has legitimately killed another player, (normally via explosive barrels, or other physics props.) and yet the scoreboard records it as a suicide, and points are not awarded to the player who has won the kill.

#4 Floating Slam.

When a slam has been placed upon a physic, and then said physic is moved, the slam will remain, hanging in mid air. You can also place it inside a hollow objcet, such as a crate, before the light has turned on, and if anything touches the object, it'll explode
Picture.DEM

#5 Slam Woes.

There seems to be a number of problems with the Slam weapon, it is simply dodgy to use, when switching back and forth and using the slam, and trying to get it attached to the wall rather than the floor etc, it does some very odd things that are not expected. Example, if you throw one slam on the ground you can occasionally rapidly place slams on the wall, at a significantly faster speed than normal.

#6 Repeating Animation.

When one has changed weapons, and reloaded, the user will often see the reloading animation, yet no reloading is actually occurring, this can only be fixed by hitting the reload key again, or changing weapon. This is most common with the shotgun.

#7 Repeating Animation #2

When one changes weapons, and tries to use alternative fire too quickly, often, you will see the animation of the previous weapon using Alt-Fire, and then it will switch to the weapon you selected, with nothing having happened. This is most common when switching from any weapon to the gravity gun.
.DEM

#8 Repeating Sound

This is when, after getting killed by an explosion, the high pitched whine that one hears does not go away, one cannot hear any sounds except for that "deaf" whine. Solutions to this problem include rejoining the server and alt-tabbing to windows, and then back into the game. This is seemingly random.

#9 Repeating Sound #2

Occasionally after firing the RPG, the "firing" sound will loop and continue to play until you rejoin the server or the map changes. This is seemingly random.

#10 Repeating Sound #3

This is when, after getting killed by an explosion, the silence effect that is experianced, where noise is almost silent, does not go away. Solutions to this problem include rejoining the server and alt-tabbing to windows, and then back into the game. This is seemingly random.

#11 Repeating Sound #4

This one occurs after a barrel has been set on fire. Occasionally the burning sound will be present, similar to the other sound bugs, this can only be solved by rejoining the server.

#12 Sprite Hang

This is particularly common with the RPG, when a player is killed after mid shot, the muzzle flash will remain behind. This can also occur with exploding barrels, if a player is killed whilst the barrel is exploding, seemingly random.
Picture

#14 Barrel Kills

If one has shot a barrel (i.e. it is flaming) and then another picks said barrel up and kills any amount of opponents with it, the player who set the barrel on flames will be awarded the kills, not the player who threw it.

#15 Deeper Underground

This is an odd bug, it occurs randomly whilst one is performing the "Jump Crouch" (where you jump and then press crouch in the air) occasionally, the player will experiance the height of their vision as having being dropped down about half way, meaning that their aiming is completely off, whereas the other players will see him at the correct height, this is seeming random, and can be fixed by jump crouching again.

#16 Laser Light

This occurs occasionally when switching from the RPG to any other weapon, the red light found on the RPG's tracker will remain, become a bloom light, and appear to react with movement and angle, this appears to stay until the next time the player is killed.
Picture

#17 Ghost Grenades

when the server cvar "auto respawn" is true, all grenades are invalid. Making it impossible to have a Grenade inventory above 2. This is due to the Grenade being a weapon item, as opposed to an ammo item.
Picture

#18 Blown Outside

It is possible to get blown outside of the level by explosions, this is seemingly random and can happen on all levels. once outside you can walk around on the sky box whilst looking into the entire level, then eventually fall off, and continue falling infinately. The only way out of this is to reconnect, or suicide.
Picture.DEM

#19 Roof Hanging

If you are projected in to the air it is possible to clip into the cealing, and be immovable until you are killed. Players are able to see the lower half of your body and shoot it, where you can see out from the roof. It is unknown whether this is a map, or engine problem.
Picture
.DEM

#20 Fanning The Fan

If the fan switch is placed in it's holder in the exact right position,
it will not pop out when the fan stops rotating, and the fan will start up instantly, it is impossible to remove the switch with the Gravity Gun.
.DEM

#21 Gravity-Gone

Occasionally when the player re-spawns the Gravity-Gun no longer appears in their inventory.
Picture

#22 Gravity Pickups

Whilst using the gravity gun, if one tries to pickup an item that it is above them, it will not be placed into the player’s inventory until he physically moves the object into the player, for example, by pushing it against the floor into the players hit boxes. This is reproducible and can be done with any item.
Picture
.DEM

#23 Gravity-Gun Pickup

Occasionally, when a player dies midst of using the gravity gun, the gravity gun will actually be dropped, similar to the way their normal gun is dropped when they die. However, you cannot pick up this dropped gravity gun, as you already have one in your inventory.
Picture
.DEM

Last edited by TheGunslinger: 06-17-2006 at 04:42 AM.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:06 AM   #2
TheGunslinger

Banned
#23 Ghost Gun

In some seeming random situations, the client will not be able to see the opponent’s gun. This is specific to an individual opponent, and appears to end when the client dies.

#24 RPG Bullet Time

Shooting a rocket into steering it into water and then out again multiple times, we slow the rocket down (whilst entering water) but will not retain it’s original speed (Whilst exiting water) meaning that to an infinite amount of iterations will render the rocket as so slow it seems to not move.
.DEM

#25 HOTEL

If you get the HOTEL sign in Overwatch and use it to kill people with the gravity gun, instead of showing a toilet as the death icon, it's a skull and crossbones like it was a barrel that you used. This means that the kill registers as a world death as opposed to what it should do.

#26 Barrel Woes 2

If a barrel is launched into the air, and then caught again via the gravity gun, no matter how gently the barrel is handled, as soon as it comes into contact with any surface, it will explode immediately on impact.
.DEM

#28 Model Clipping

Occasionally a dead model will clip and stick in the ground, This appears to be random.
.DEM

#29 Grenade Death Animation

There is no death animation for a player model if the model is in the processes of throwing a grenade. Instead the model will simply disappear, and the grenade will appear primed on the ground. This can be reproduced.
Picture
.DEM

#30 Levitate

If you place and object whilst standing up so it balances on the players head, and then crouch, the physics object will not fall down until the player who was under it stands up again, or it is physically affected.
Picture
.DEM

#31 Object Shadows

Sometimes shadows appear on the ground despite the fact that there is no object(s) there to cast the shadow(s), the cause is unknown, and is seemingly random.
Picture

#32 Secret Slams

If a Slam is planted underwater, the beam is not visible from above the water.
Picture

#33 Double Nade

Occasionally when a player is killed whilst holding/throwing a grenade, two ticking grenades will be dropped when they die. Seeming random.

**** If you have any screenshots or demos of bugs posted that are either better than the one’s there already, or for bugs that don’t currently have any, please pm me so we can work out a way to use them.

If any of you have bugs which are not already listed please post them with a good description and I will add them. ****javascript:checklength(document.vbform);
[check message length]

Last edited by TheGunslinger: 06-17-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:20 AM   #3
TheGunslinger

Banned
Placeholder.

Last edited by Blinxx: 08-04-2005 at 07:02 AM.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:20 AM   #4
TheGunslinger

Banned
Placeholder.

Old 02-18-2005, 06:20 AM   #5
TheGunslinger

Banned
Placeholder.

Old 02-18-2005, 06:20 AM   #6
TheGunslinger

Banned
Placeholder.

Last edited by TheGunslinger: 08-13-2005 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:24 AM   #7
Mr_Spoonage

Well it adds to some crazy kills lol

Old 02-18-2005, 06:32 AM   #8
Jackmehofer

Great post TheGunslinger. I really feel that there are a lot of bugs in hl2dm and I have experienced at least 10 of the 16 bugs you have mentioned.

I think it is important that VALVe listen to this community when it comes to these issues. So far I have seen no response to the skating issues, hud issues, crouching issues, or missing animations... God, please help us if they never resolve these issues. My interest in HL2DM is slowly dissipating.

Old 02-18-2005, 06:38 AM   #9
netrex

#10 Ice Skating

I had this problem for some time, but doing what [OG]Menacer mentions in this thread, I no longer have this problem:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...t=input+lag%2A

Trouble is you have to do it every time you start Windows.

Oh. Fastswitch isn't a new thing. Been around for as long as I've played HL2DM (and HLDM)

Last edited by netrex: 02-18-2005 at 06:42 AM.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:51 AM   #10
FELZ

maybe this too
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...hreadid=247848

Old 02-18-2005, 06:54 AM   #11
HL2Pwnage

Good list, also plz try this bug out:

Take a Slam, press primary attack (throw, not plant against wall). But BEFORE the Slam is actually thrown (pressing the primary attack should start the throw animation), SWITCH to a other weapon (I used 'g' for gravgun)... the Slam is NOT thrown ingame now. Now select the Slam again and DON'T press a attack button, the Slam will be thrown automaticly after all.....

It's more annoying than a very nasty bug. But when ppl want to throw Slam and they see someone which makes them decide not to throw the Slam after all, they select other weapon to kill the enemy or whatever..
And when they select the Slam again, it will throw itself =(

A bug like this was also in CS: S (maybe still not fixed) which allowed me to let grenades (any type) disapear when I threw it, and before it was actually throw, switching back to other weapon. The nade disappeared (out of inventory -_-)

But anyway, just try the Slam bug ^^

Old 02-18-2005, 07:00 AM   #12
BloodShed

Slam does not damage explosive barrels and does not apply force to physic's objects
Old 02-18-2005, 07:02 AM   #13
TheGunslinger

Banned
slam seems to set barrels off and knock other physics away for me.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:03 AM   #14
lawnmower_man

Banned
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr_Spoonage
Well it adds to some crazy kills lol
Ya i think it's buggy, especially when you 'believe' you are a safe distance next thing you know you are staring at your dead body on the ground.. Very strange they didn't fix this after testing.. Or is Valve just writing code and throwing it out the door? Their internal verification team leaves a lot to be desired. In my business I'd be fired for such a poor verification job..
Old 02-18-2005, 07:03 AM   #15
syL1

#1 Shooting Registration

Has to be the most frustrating bug, maybe just surpassed by the messed up crouching hitboxes. I've stoped counting the time I hit a fresh spawn with a magnum twice or more (including blood and all) and they still didn't die. aarrghhh

#12 Repeating Animation #2

Most noticable when switching from any weapon to the GG and instantly hitting sec. fire (to catch s.th., e.g.). Really annoying when the weapon you're switching from is a crossbow, since it will zoom for a split second or so, completely throwing off your aim.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2: Deathmatch