Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dustforce

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
Weimann
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 30
The different characters.

Just bought this game, mainly because it looked good on TotalBiscuit's WTF is... video. What sold me was the combination of slick controls, easy run playback (helps figuring out optimal paths so much) and cool character animations.

About the characters. I was wondering if there's any difference between them from a mechanical perspective? Movement speeds, dash distances, attack ranges, favoured attacks, stuff like that? Also, do we know their names?
Weimann is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:32 PM   #2
thedukey
 
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Reputation: 32
Posts: 207
the short pink girl can jump 3x i believe instead of 2, seems to have shorter attack range too?
thedukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #3
binarian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 4
Posts: 59
There ARE character differences, that much I'm sure of. Haven't played enough to be certain of what they are, though, beyond the purple girl having shorter attack range, and the green fellow with the vacuum having longer range.
binarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Carighan
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Reputation: 1
Posts: 42
Here's my findings so far:
- Blue and Red are carbon copies
- Purple jumps lower and has a shorter sweep/attack range as a result of the smaller model, but can triple jump (which allows for some weird tricks)
- Green jumps higher (not farther, just higher, his arc is different), but seems to run slower
Carighan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:37 PM   #5
Tinker
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Reputation: 47
Posts: 915
There's no difference at all
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:41 PM   #6
Zombie.Crusher
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Reputation: 29
Posts: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker View Post
There's no difference at all
You are wrong, sir.
Zombie.Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #7
Videotape
 
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Reputation: 21
Posts: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carighan View Post
Here's my findings so far:
- Blue and Red are carbon copies
- Purple jumps lower and has a shorter sweep/attack range as a result of the smaller model, but can triple jump (which allows for some weird tricks)
- Green jumps higher (not farther, just higher, his arc is different), but seems to run slower
thats what ive found so far too
Videotape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Firetaffer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 88
Posts: 1,157
Guys! Hey Guys! Do more research! It's essential for me to know!

I'm pretty curious as well, the purple girls triple jump is the only obvious one.
Firetaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:17 AM   #9
SpeckledFish
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Reputation: 13
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firetaffer View Post
Guys! Hey Guys! Do more research! It's essential for me to know!

I'm pretty curious as well, the purple girls triple jump is the only obvious one.
Who do you think you are? If you must know, figure it out.
I'm monitoring this thread cause I would like to know but jesus, don't go acting like anyone owes you anything.
SpeckledFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:25 AM   #10
Mr. Karate
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 3
Posts: 59
Dustman and Dustgirl are not carbon copies. I can't exactly say how they're different, but I'm sure they are somehow. Personally, I feel Dustgirl has a faster dash and jumps higher and Dustman falls faster, maybe something else, not sure.
Mr. Karate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #11
ArmorArmadillo
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Reputation: 48
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Karate View Post
Dustman and Dustgirl are not carbon copies. I can't exactly say how they're different, but I'm sure they are somehow. Personally, I feel Dustgirl has a faster dash and jumps higher and Dustman falls faster, maybe something else, not sure.
Agreed, best way i can compare it is like mario to luigi in most mario games i.e looser controls on luigi (excluding jumping).

I find dustgirl looser to control and also a bit more precise when it comes to jumping, i.e have to hold down jump button more for a higher jump as compared to dustman. I think her attacks might be slightly weaker but faster too.

Not quite sure, just know i dont like the feel of her and go back to dustman.
ArmorArmadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:33 AM   #12
Mr. Karate
 
Join Date: May 2009
Reputation: 3
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorArmadillo View Post
Not quite sure, just know i dont like the feel of her and go back to dustman.
Funny, I'm the opposite. I was playing Dustman until I picked her by accident and then I could never go back, Dustman feels too heavy to me.
Mr. Karate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:36 AM   #13
ArmorArmadillo
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Reputation: 48
Posts: 912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Karate View Post
Funny, I'm the opposite. I was playing Dustman until I picked her by accident and then I could never go back, Dustman feels too heavy to me.
Hes served me well so far, nothing to set me in the top 10 of a score yet (thats my fault not his per say), but top 100 in some is good enough as opposed to the others who I either end up DNF SSing or don't like, i suspect later levels will draw me into them though.
ArmorArmadillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:05 AM   #14
Firetaffer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Reputation: 88
Posts: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeckledFish View Post
Who do you think you are? If you must know, figure it out.
I'm monitoring this thread cause I would like to know but jesus, don't go acting like anyone owes you anything.
Haha! Wow, I can't believe someone thought I was serious! This is amazing!

Did the double blue faces mean nothing to you? It doesn't matter anyways.

The purple girls also seems to have shorter jumps.
Firetaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:03 AM   #15
Krageesh
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Reputation: 0
Posts: 35
Question to the devs.
Are all characters equally strong in each stage ?
I mean, if there are differences, a character could be strong in a specific stage and weak in another one. Because I like the pink girl but it feels like a waste of time trying to beat people in some stages.
Krageesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dustforce


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.