Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Far Cry series

Old 01-17-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
Havoc_53

Anyone Else Have This Problem?

There's a guard post west of the brewery, at the top of the U shaped road, at an entrance to the pipeline.

The problem is that the post refuses to unlock when I try scouting. The post has a fuel dump, but no matter what I do, walking up to it, standing on top of it or using the spyglass, it won't register as being scouted.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
Karmatic

i think it happened once for me, out of about 12 times playing through....probably just a bug.

Did you try saving, exiting, going back in and trying again???
Karmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
Havoc_53

Yeah. I can't seem to get around it no matter what I do.
Havoc_53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
Havoc_53

Bump. Anyone know how to fix this other than trying a previous save?
Old 01-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #5
JBBooks

I had this same problem at the guard-post at the entrance to "Private Property". It turned out since I did not actually pick up anything from the guard post, it did not register. I fired off a round, picked up the ammo and Voila, scouted guard-post.

Hope this helps.
JBBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
Havoc_53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBBooks View Post
I had this same problem at the guard-post at the entrance to "Private Property". It turned out since I did not actually pick up anything from the guard post, it did not register. I fired off a round, picked up the ammo and Voila, scouted guard-post.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the suggestion. In my case though, I'll have to toss a Molotov, because it's a fuel pile. I'm currently on another play through, but I'll keep it in mind.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
jkap13

had same problem once. left the area and came back later in the game and it registered.
jkap13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:50 PM   #8
BeatnikFilmstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc_53 View Post
Bump. Anyone know how to fix this other than trying a previous save?
Playing the far superior Far Cry 1 instead solves it every time.
BeatnikFilmstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #9
Havoc_53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatnikFilmstar View Post
Playing the far superior Far Cry 1 instead solves it every time.
How the hell does this relate in any way to the problem I mentioned with FC2? BTW, problem solved.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:02 PM   #10
jkap13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatnikFilmstar View Post
Yeah. If only Far Cry 1 let you clear out the same mutants over and over and over and over and over like the checkpoints in the FAR INFERIOR Far Cry 2. Then it would have been a good game.
that's funny, cause i rarely had to fight a checkpoint if i didn't want to. i just snuck around, or took a boat through a pass, or a bus and any of several other options regarding path of approach. in fc1 (the laughably inferior FC1), the bad guys(same bad guys over and over and over) were scripted to perform in the exact same manner every time...okay,monkey on the left, tank guy on the right, here comes jumping bald thing whatever he is. you just play the same level over and over until you get it right. FC2, the game changed through every approach. people like to rage at fc2 due to their own frustration and impatience. the lighting and time changes, weather variables, open world architecture, scenery, fire generation and effects, and other things made fc2 a work of art. fc1 was just a good arcade shooter. not even in the same league.
jkap13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:26 PM   #11
Havoc_53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkap13 View Post
that's funny, cause i rarely had to fight a checkpoint if i didn't want to. i just snuck around, or took a boat through a pass, or a bus and any of several other options regarding path of approach. in fc1 (the laughably inferior FC1), the bad guys(same bad guys over and over and over) were scripted to perform in the exact same manner every time...okay,monkey on the left, tank guy on the right, here comes jumping bald thing whatever he is. you just play the same level over and over until you get it right. FC2, the game changed through every approach. people like to rage at fc2 due to their own frustration and impatience. the lighting and time changes, weather variables, open world architecture, scenery, fire generation and effects, and other things made fc2 a work of art. fc1 was just a good arcade shooter. not even in the same league.
Same here. I don't fight at a checkpoint unless I have to or want to. Lately, I've been mostly walking everywhere. It makes it easy to sneak past. The added bonus for me is that I find more diamond caches and Jackal tapes that I might have missed if I were driving. I also like the weather changes, scenery and fire effects. They add a touch of realism to the game. I'd have to say though that I don't agree that FC1 was inferior, just different, but still enjoyable.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Far Cry series