Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks

Old 01-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
garyallen49

Train Simulator Error Message

I installed TS2012 on my system a couple of days ago but I am having big problems. Firstly I run Windows 7 with 4GB of ram and ATI radeon 4850 graphics card. I was working through the tutorials and all went fine until I was doing the steam engine tutorial. The program failed and the following error message appeared:-
Error - Failed to create vertex buffer file.
File - DXcommon\cHcVertexManagerDX.cpp
Line - 1209.

I restarted the program again and after a while the program froze again and crashed back to desktop. I checked the event viewer and the following error code was displayed 0xC0000374. I have googled this and it appears this refers to some windows files being corrupted.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced any similar problems

Any ideas welcome.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #2
dwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyallen49 View Post
I installed TS2012 on my system a couple of days ago but I am having big problems. Firstly I run Windows 7 with 4GB of ram and ATI radeon 4850 graphics card. I was working through the tutorials and all went fine until I was doing the steam engine tutorial. The program failed and the following error message appeared:-
Line - 1209.

I restarted the program again and after a while the program froze again and crashed back to desktop. I checked the event viewer and the following error code was displayed 0xC0000374. I have googled this and it appears this refers to some windows files being corrupted.

Any ideas welcome.
1)turn of windows update
2)go to steam, and verify integrity of game cache repeat till it comes back clean
3)open railworks, select clear blue print cache
4)try again
5)if its fixed, turn windows updates back on
6)if its not restore from your restore point, then turn updates back on
dwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #3
garyallen49

Thanks for the info. This is my first time using steam, so forgive me if I am sounding stupid but how do you complete step 2, verifying game cache. Thanks again.
garyallen49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #4
kurabess

Quote:
Thanks for the info. This is my first time using steam, so forgive me if I am sounding stupid but how do you complete step 2, verifying game cache. Thanks again.
Open steam,on store page at the top click on library,find your game ,right click on it, scroll down to properties,left click on it.On next window (top) find local files tab,click on it then click on verify integrity of game cache. Wait until process is over,may take a while.If verify comes back with 100% You good to go,if not restart your steam and missing files will be downloaded to your comp. automatically. Make sure You clear your tool and docs b4 starting game.
kurabess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:04 PM   #5
garyallen49

Thanks kurabess for the info. Will give it a go.
garyallen49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
kurabess

Quote:
Thanks kurabess for the info. Will give it a go.
If all comes back verify 100% start game on 1st screen find setting tab,and set your "basic setting" to low,don,t turn TSX on,your video card probably borderline for this sim,tht is the reason to keep setting low.On same page you will find "tools and docs" after verify click on T/D go down to "clear blueprint cache" and click "clear cache" and then ok. Good luck,let us know how You make it.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
kurabess

Quote:
Line - 1209.

Any ideas welcome.
At the top of the forum main page,look for STICKY/tread "Are You new and have problems? Start here. You will find there answers to most if not all of your questions.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > RailWorks