Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Old 01-21-2012, 07:37 AM   #1
DeAdSeYe

Watch out with online payments

Hello guys,

Watch out with online payments, after almost an month bannend i learn 1 thing. I dont use any payments sites anymore, like ClickandBuy, Paypal or other site's.

Here's my story.

I bought a few games with the holiday sale last year with Christmas. 4 transactions with an total price 50 euros.

2 a 3 days later, clickandbuy take the money from my bank and completed all 4 payments. They where correct, and completed. 2 a 3 weeks later, i recieve 4 mails from Clickandbuy. I havent payed and they give me the 50 euros back with an penalty of 60 euros.

I needed to pay 110 euros to reactived my Clickandbuy account. Sow i wanted to login Steam, and i recieve an message. We deactived Steam.

I didnt know what to do, i can't play anygame, or some retails that i bought in an store. My account is blocked and needed to pay 110 euros.

Sow i contact Steam support, and almost after 1 week (4/5days) i recieve an mail back, i need to contact Clickandbuy. Sow i contact clickandbuy, and they said to me. All payments where correct and completed, but your bank is taking the money back after 2 a 3 weeks. Sow i hang up and called my bank, they said nooo that's not true, they give you the money back, we didnt do anything.

Sow i contact Steam support again and tell them my story. Within 2 days i recieve an mail back from Steam. Not mutch an mail, more like. Pay or get lost..

I had the proof that i paid before, and that they where completed. Even Clickandbuy confirms it, but said it was my bank fault. but my bank said, it was Clickandbuy fault they give you the money back, and Steam doesnt wanna know anything about it.

Now i payed all the 110 euros to have my Steam back, and now i can use Steam again. But lost 60 euro's and bannend almost 1 month and nobody gives a about it. I had even all the proof, all my transaction and the money that i paid before. But nobody wanted to believe me, or wanted to see the proof. Clickandbuy eve confirms it, but why giving my an penalty, or bannend everything if they know it wasnt my fault?

I don't trust those payment site's anymore, i did an little research and i see that alot of people had the same problem with Clickandbuy.

They completed your payment, but they give you the money back with on 15 euro penalty for each transaction. Then they send you an mail that you havent paid (without any warning).

Sorry for my bad English, but i very angry. Im always paying everything on time, i payed alot for games on Steam. But when i have an problem, nobody gives a and giving each other the blame. But im the person with the problems......

Last edited by DeAdSeYe: 01-21-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
Robert1234

Banned
ClickAndBuy.. even their name sounds bad.
Robert1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #3
Psientist

Myself, been doing business on paypal since 2004 or so. Have made a good amount of money(selling virtual items), and spent a good amount. Never any problems. And that's with being aware that paypall doesn't offer seller protection for virtual items but i guess i've just been lucky.
Psientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:45 AM   #4
Satoru

Well ClickAndBuy is an authorized payment method. Though it's true that it appears 'most' issues with payments are due to Paypal and such and not with credit card payments.
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #5
T@F

Tbh they are known for doing that.
Well i'v heard slimmer story's.

Paypal can have it's problems as well(false charge backs),but i don't think they charge you to correct it though.
T@F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #6
exit button

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoru View Post
Well ClickAndBuy is an authorized payment method. Though it's true that it appears 'most' issues with payments are due to Paypal and such and not with credit card payments.
Everytime I see that much stock photography it kind of worries me, how long have they been around for?
exit button is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
Eunos

Banned
I'd have paid the C&B bill in two transactions, the 50, then the 60, then chargebacked the 60 and told em where to go unless they can provide proof that it was my bank that requested the four transactions be cancelled.
Eunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
Satoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit button View Post
Everytime I see that much stock photography it kind of worries me, how long have they been around for?
Havent the foggiest clue since I don't use them. But they are listed in the 'official' list

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...8360-WEJC-2625

Technially they're owned my T-Mobile?! Weird
Satoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:10 AM   #9
Wolfpig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eunos View Post
I'd have paid the C&B bill in two transactions, the 50, then the 60, then chargebacked the 60 and told em where to go unless they can provide proof that it was my bank that requested the four transactions be cancelled.
Dependend on the country you live you cant chargeback money which you have send yourself to a other person.
And if you would to it this way your account would be locked down after a few days again.....
Wolfpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #10
Eunos

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpig View Post
Dependend on the country you live you cant chargeback money which you have send yourself to a other person.
And if you would to it this way your account would be locked down after a few days again.....
Country depending yes, and no, your account would not be locked out as you have paid the bill for the games, only forcing the return of the $60 fee they charged you. The initial fee (the 50) is now settled.
Eunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
Mullinx

I've been using Paypal for almost 3 years without issues, won't even try some of those options like C&B as they always looked shady to me. Thansk for the info tho, hope you don't get scammed again by them.
Mullinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips