Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X-COM series

Old 01-21-2012, 09:25 PM   #1
Fistleaf

UFO Defense with Extender: Crashed UFOs are always undamaged

I have just installed UFO Extender and have started a new game on Veteran difficulty.
I shot down 3 small UFOs, but during recovery missions, all the 3 UFO ships are completely undamaged and I managed to get plenty of Elerium from the successful recovery missions. I suspect some of the Extender settings are causing UFO ships to be undamaged during recovery.
What settings could be causing this?
Old 01-21-2012, 11:52 PM   #2
Fistleaf

I found the problem. Looks like with the wreck analysis turned off, all crashed UFOs and their interior parts are indestructible, even if you throw a grenade inside the ship on the power source.
The wreck analysis code must have unintentionally changed this.

Until the problem is fixed, we will have to play with wreck analysis turned on.
Fistleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #3
Fistleaf

With further play, wreck analysis also has a problem. I encountered another indestructible crashed UFO, and the subsequent wreck analysis is successful.
Looks like if the game calculates that the subsequent wreck analysis is going to be successful, the crashed UFO will always be undamaged and indestructible. That's a bug introduced by UFO Extended.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
Strife67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistleaf View Post
I have just installed UFO Extender and have started a new game on Veteran difficulty.
I shot down 3 small UFOs, but during recovery missions, all the 3 UFO ships are completely undamaged and I managed to get plenty of Elerium from the successful recovery missions. I suspect some of the Extender settings are causing UFO ships to be undamaged during recovery.
What settings could be causing this?
I'm playing X-COM with the UFO Extender and haven't experienced anything like that, sometimes crashed UFOs do appear undamaged (soft landing?) but so far I have recovered randomly damaged UFOs usually featuring a number of alien corpses that didn't survive the crash.
Strife67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
Fistleaf

If I remember correctly, crashed UFOs are always damaged in the original X-COM without mods.
And this is the first time I encounter undamaged UFOs that have indestructible UFO interior. Usually parts like power source, navigation consoles are easily destroyed by gun shots and grenades.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #6
mercutiouk

I have the opposite problem. EVERY time I shoot down a UFO the engines are always toast, no elerium.

I'm always using full plasma's would that be the cause? I'm fairly conservative with elerium usage (have a regular and firestorm interceptor in each of my "radar bases" and still have a skyranger available which I take to most/all missions) but still... it's rather annoying
mercutiouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #7
NKF

That's quite normal. Shot down UFOs, regardless of what weapon is used or how much damage was dealt before it crashed, will have their power units randomly pre-exploded when the mission map is generated. Often the power unit will be outright destroyed, but there are also rare moments where you will find the ship intact.

To get more power units and elerium, wait for the UFO to land and capture them then. Or go after bigger UFOs. The more power units they have, the less likely they will all be destroyed. The exception is for ships with power units very close to each other like the Supply ship. Any one destroyed and they're all toast. Battleships on the other hand always have some remaining as each power unit is isolated.

- NKF
NKF is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X-COM series