Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > From Dust

Old 01-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
ZanyCynic

Thumbs down No link to forum on store page

and again a game with no link to the forum on the store page.
Anything special to hide ?
Old 01-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Totalitator

I have been seeing this happen with more and more games and what they seem to always have in common is that there are tons of negative reviews and comments in the forum.
Totalitator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #3
Krakn3Dfx

Don't want people to have easy access to just how horribly broken this game truly is. Shocker.
Krakn3Dfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #4
Haggis&Tatties

Link's of not, i don't buy anything on steam now until i see some reviews...and if that means i need to trawl these forum or the net so be it.

Anyway from the looks of things this is a no sale from me.
Haggis&Tatties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #5
mrmotinjo

@Krakn3Dfx, please define 'horribly broken'. It is obviously a console port with added (and removed) third party DRM and weird controls, but beyond that, I've downloaded, played and finished it without a hitch, and simply can't see in what way is it 'broken'.

Also, to stay on topic, I think that the lack of a proper forum link on the game store page is never a good thing, along with the lack of a metacritic score (if it exists), because it makes gamers wonder if there's something fishy about the game in question :/

Last edited by mrmotinjo: 01-24-2012 at 11:34 AM.
mrmotinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #6
JagaTelesin

Of course they are hiding the Steam forum for the game. They don't want the general consensus about the state of the game (bad) to get out to prospective buyers.

One of the first things I do when considering buying a game on Steam, is to read comments on the Steam forum for it. If there isn't one, I know right away that publisher doesn't want the truth to get out, and I should do a lot more reading before a potential purchase.
JagaTelesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
elixenie

For what it's worth, the store page did have a link to this forum when the game was released. So it appears they made a point of removing it.
elixenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #8
avidwriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanyCynic View Post
and again a game with no link to the forum on the store page.
Anything special to hide ?
Whenever I see that happen I wonder if there is a good (bad) reason for it. Seems suspicious.
avidwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:53 PM   #9
Fargi

Quote:
Originally Posted by elixenie View Post
For what it's worth, the store page did have a link to this forum when the game was released. So it appears they made a point of removing it.
That's even more telling. Talk about underhanded and sneaky....
Fargi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #10
TheInsaneDump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargi View Post
That's even more telling. Talk about underhanded and sneaky....
Yea, totally...
TheInsaneDump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #11
LoqueNahak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalitator View Post
I have been seeing this happen with more and more games and what they seem to always have in common is that there are tons of negative reviews and comments in the forum.
Not true, I guess it's something else.

Take Stronghold 3, for example... maybe the worst game of 2011. It still shows the forum link.
LoqueNahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #12
MSPreacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoqueNahak View Post
Not true, I guess it's something else.

Take Stronghold 3, for example... maybe the worst game of 2011. It still shows the forum link.
Have you considered a career in private investigation? Look, different games have different links on their store page. The publisher/devs choose what links/content to put on the store page, so of course it's going to vary game by game.

Of course there are terrible games which still have links to their respective Steam forum. It doesn't mean that some less scrupulous devs/publishers omit or even delete the link to the forums on purpose though.
MSPreacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
number3son

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmotinjo View Post
@Krakn3Dfx, please define 'horribly broken'. It is obviously a console port with added (and removed) third party DRM and weird controls, but beyond that, I've downloaded, played and finished it without a hitch, and simply can't see in what way is it 'broken'.

Also, to stay on topic, I think that the lack of a proper forum link on the game store page is never a good thing, along with the lack of a metacritic score (if it exists), because it makes gamers wonder if there's something fishy about the game in question :/
Sorry, the DRM in this game is still very much present. It's bad enough that the store page should lie about this, but people who take the time to do research in the forums should at least get the facts. The always-online requirement is gone, but you still have to download Ubisoft's launcher and connect to their servers if you want to play.
number3son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 06:10 PM   #14
somini

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...postcount=1252
TLDR you can play OFFLINE, but you still need the launcher. As to the forum, it's probably a bug, I've reported it here:http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...898830&page=23.
somini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:36 PM   #15
Richard M Nixon

I hate when the pubs remove the link, or worse yet redirect you to a forum run by the publisher, like Amalar. I almost never buy a game where the store page tries to manipulate me by not have a metacritic link, or a steam forum link. That alone made me pass on this one.
Richard M Nixon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > From Dust