Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sacred series

Old 01-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #1
BMWodarski

So just out of curiosity

If I have the steam coupon for Sacred 2. And they don't get new keys by march 1st (when the coupon expires) am I screwed?
Old 01-26-2012, 01:48 PM   #2
downgrade

Probably.

you should buy it retail anyway, as steam does not offer the addon "Ice and Blood" which adds a lot of content, lets you patch to the latest version (including the amazing community patch) and makes the game much more playable on modern systems (read: doesn't crash as often on vista/win 7).

I'm sure you can find the gold edition for cheap somewhere.

Base game only -> not recommended.
downgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #3
Rivv

They should at least give us a replace coupon of our choice (since many of us traded for this specific coupon).
Rivv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
Aargh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by downgrade View Post
Probably.

you should buy it retail anyway, as steam does not offer the addon "Ice and Blood" which adds a lot of content, lets you patch to the latest version (including the amazing community patch) and makes the game much more playable on modern systems (read: doesn't crash as often on vista/win 7).

I'm sure you can find the gold edition for cheap somewhere.

Base game only -> not recommended.
With a bit of tinkering you can get the retail version of Ice and Blood to work with the Steam version. See http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=67312. It worked for me without any trouble. Note that the Steam EU version is exactly the same as the US version, so this trick works even if your Steam copy says (EU).

Of course that doesn't matter if you can't even buy the base game on Steam anymore, but for those who already have it it might be useful.
Aargh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #5
Capn Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aargh! View Post
With a bit of tinkering you can get the retail version of Ice and Blood to work with the Steam version. See http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=67312. It worked for me without any trouble. Note that the Steam EU version is exactly the same as the US version, so this trick works even if your Steam copy says (EU).

Of course that doesn't matter if you can't even buy the base game on Steam anymore, but for those who already have it it might be useful.
Cool that you were able to get I&B to work with your Steam copy. Don't know if the community patch is compatible with Steam though. Community patch is awesome, and a new version of it (0140)will be out soon..
Capn Tucker is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sacred series