Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection

Old 01-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
GurenMkII

Red face ship bugs?

The game (SOTS2) looks a lot more stable and complete since the last time ive tried it(was in november), so i went ahead and started a new game, just to find out 200 turns and 18 hours later that it still missing important pieces and has some bugs.

My liir ships for example have messed up crew. in ship designer screen cruiser has 50/61 crew count. when i try to build it afterwards it shows 98/61 crew count. Dont think it supposed to be like that. Anyone else encountered such problem?

Also i cant research leviathan class, tech tree stops after advanced drednought engineering... =/

way to go............
Old 01-26-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
Bluedonkey

I have the same issue with Liir crew (100/75) for example, but the ships do not really seem to care about that in combat, so I ignore it. I have gotten up to the Leviathan class as well, built a few of them. The only one that seemed broken was the big 'fish shaped' one, but it still looked cool. Hopefully that will be available soon.
Bluedonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:17 PM   #3
Daylos

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurenMkII View Post
The game (SOTS2) looks a lot more stable and complete since the last time ive tried it(was in november), so i went ahead and started a new game, just to find out 200 turns and 18 hours later that it still missing important pieces and has some bugs.

My liir ships for example have messed up crew. in ship designer screen cruiser has 50/61 crew count. when i try to build it afterwards it shows 98/61 crew count. Dont think it supposed to be like that. Anyone else encountered such problem?

Also i cant research leviathan class, tech tree stops after advanced drednought engineering... =/

way to go............
Hmm...till now i only play Tarkan and Human they don't have counting problems with the commandopoints

Leviathan class are complycatet to reach you need a c3-tech and/or eneeniering Station of highest level (building in progress) meens 15 moduls athervice tech-tree don't open Leviathanoption you can't see him before
Daylos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #4
Kissamies

You also need antimatter engines to move those beasts.
Kissamies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #5
Daylos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissamies View Post
You also need antimatter engines to move those beasts.
Yes you are right ..i sayed it is complicat to have the possibility to build this shipclass.

For humans they cost as prototyp 90.000.000 and above depending of armor revlecting skin and weappons but is are quit very expencive pice of hardware.

For Tarkan i have only to pay ca 50.000.000

....and i have already the tech for faster and cheeper building of prototyps

Last edited by Daylos: 01-27-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #6
GurenMkII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-t4...eature=related

L O L.
this is first time i see this. even though it was uploaded to youtube in october... >_<
and pretty much very adequate reaction. same as i had...
GurenMkII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
Kissamies

I was just about to finish my leviathan research when I ran into a repeating crash. Oh well, I'll keep that save for a while in case a patch fixes it and start a new game in the meanwhile. It's more likely that the next big patch breaks the saves, tho.
Kissamies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #8
Daylos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissamies View Post
I was just about to finish my leviathan research when I ran into a repeating crash. Oh well, I'll keep that save for a while in case a patch fixes it and start a new game in the meanwhile. It's more likely that the next big patch breaks the saves, tho.
Don't make me worry!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
Bluedonkey

C3 tech branch - Armada Command Systems -> Flag Central Command -> Carrier Command (this is the tech you need for Leviathans).

Engineering - Advanced Dreadnaught Engineering -> Turret Installations -> Leviathan Construction. (also needed for Leviathans)

<I will add more if I need to>

Last edited by Bluedonkey: 01-27-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:30 AM   #10
Daylos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedonkey View Post
C3 tech branch - Armada Command Systems -> Flag Central Command -> Carrier Command (this is the tech you need for Leviathans).
No not only you need much more of ather tech-tree's athervise you can't see the leviathanbuiltoption
Old 01-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #11
GurenMkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daylos View Post
No not only you need much more of ather tech-tree's athervise you can't see the leviathanbuiltoption
Yup. as ppl said. you need bunch of other techs to unlock leviathan research. i already had C3 techs but still had to research some of battleriders and antimatter, for liir levi.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
Bluedonkey

Oh well, was just trying to help a little. Sorry it did not help.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
GurenMkII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedonkey View Post
Oh well, was just trying to help a little. Sorry it did not help.
lol. yure ok. posted right techs.. but not all of them ..
Old 01-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #14
Daylos

I think thats perhaps all Fractions have a littel bit diference "must have" for that because i don't need for Humans BR's tech so much...i will be observe better next time when i start a new game.

PS. Fakt is that sometimes ather tech's are nessesary to be abel to go in a complett ather tech forward.

Last edited by Daylos: 01-27-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection