Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Neverwinter Nights 2

Old 01-26-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
Nzscorpion

NWN2 Plat Problem

Hi I have recently installed NWN2 plat on my steam account but im having problems trying to load and play the expansion Mask & the main game.

When I load the game up it goes straight to the zephir expansion, when I try new campaign an click on the main game or mask it just loads back the zephir expansion.

I have reinstalled and disabled Anti virus to see if that was the problem, tried googling the problem and nothing.
Any help thanks.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
indonesia

i think the zephir expansion screen replaces the original main screen once you have the expansion installed. playing the main campaign should be no problem, there's an option after you select new game.

i can't connect to steam right now but i'll check it out after i can reconnect.
indonesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #3
Nzscorpion

It just dont switch over to the main campaign or Mask, even when I go to new game an click on them, it just loads up Storm again.
Nzscorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
indonesia

yeah, the background screen will stay the same (storm). have you tried creating a character after you've selected a new game and selected the official campaign regardless of what the background screen is?
Old 01-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #5
bbellina

When you go to the New Campaign screen you should have three options, the Official Campaign, Mask of the Betrayer, and Storm of Zehir. If you do not see all three then something went wrong with your install.
bbellina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #6
Nzscorpion

I do see all three of them, when I click on them it goes to the loading screen then flicks back to Zephir, when I make a character or just choose a premade one an play, it plays the zephir campaign. So its just not switching campaigns when I select them, I have reinstalled an stuff an the files are all there, thought someone else might have come across the problem an have a solution.
Nzscorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:15 PM   #7
indonesia

verify integrity of game cache?
Old 01-28-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
NWN DM

Something definately doesn't sound right.

Verify integrity of the game cache certainly sounds like a valid course of action right now.

After that, possibly an unin and rein is in order if things don't work (still).
NWN DM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
bbellina

The Zehir campaign starts on a boat. The load screen is the same for all of them. So, just to confirm, if you start a new campaign selecting the Official Campaign the campaign starts with your character on a boat. Is that right? If so, then something is certainly wrong.
bbellina is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Neverwinter Nights 2