Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic

Old 01-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #1
L33T KR3W

Banned
TFC Anniversary!

This game would be TFC with same techniques and stuff but maybe new maps and classes, new weapons, new game modes. But otherwise it will be just like TFC but with new graphics to attract more people and it will be on TF2 front page saying TFC:anniversary Only $10. So lots of TF2 players would buy it. I agree that TFC is a lot of fun. It needs a revive and this might save the game's life. Right now I can only find 1 decent server with real humans on it. I hope this gets through to VALVe and that TFC is revived!

Also include it on XBOX LIVE ARCADCE and PSN with 4 player splitscreen AND OFFLINE BOTS WHICH NO GAMES EVER HAVE ITS DAMN ANNOYING.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:41 AM   #2
maxrpg

An updated version of TFC would be great but only the graphics/sounds/models the movement, physics and gameplay needs to remain virtually the same because thats what makes it a great game. If they did update it I wouldnt like the graphics and level detail to be like TF2 because TF2 levels feel cramped and cluttered with all the detail it focuses more on graphics than gameplay so I wouldnt like that.
maxrpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #3
L33T KR3W

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxrpg View Post
An updated version of TFC would be great but only the graphics/sounds/models the movement, physics and gameplay needs to remain virtually the same because thats what makes it a great game. If they did update it I wouldnt like the graphics and level detail to be like TF2 because TF2 levels feel cramped and cluttered with all the detail it focuses more on graphics than gameplay so I wouldnt like that.
Yeah no cartoony crap. Make it look like TFC but have slightly better looking graphics. Same Physics as I think I mentioned, (don't sweat it there'll still be BHopping and Concing).
L33T KR3W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
maxrpg

I think bhopping and conc jumps and nade spamming are some of the things that make TFC so much fun. I mean some people complain about the conc jumpers but I love the challenge of stopping them getting to your flag..as an engineer you throw carefully times nades at the entry way and if they get passed that you have your SG hidden in waiting behind a wall hahaha.

And nade spamming is great who remembers the 3rd leg of dustbowl where the red team would build SG's in the house outside blues entrance and demo men plant charges and nades a few seconds before the gates open then when the alarm goes the red team nade spam the living heck out of the blues exit ramp making it virtually impossible to get out..then you send in the spies to try break though and eventually after 20 minutes and 4000 deaths you finally break free lol I love that its a great challenge

Long live TFC
maxrpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #5
Xstioph

Too bad Fortress Forever went with the Source engine.. Unreal or Quake III (you know, CoD or some of the new modified Q3 engines) would have been awesome. I personally can't get a feeling for Source games. The aim simply feels awkward. I don't really know why FF didn't really catch on. To me it was mainly cause my old TFC buddy wasn't playing anymore.

I miss the Wireplay 2fort/well server (wp's servers in general).. Those were the days. Yes, yes.. Pub hero..

If only TF2 had grenades, I might have given it a chance. Played it for ~10 minutes, but it just didn't do it for me. Grenade timing and all that was such a big part of TFC.
Xstioph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #6
DR DEATH #1

I like the ideas and thrill you guys have for TFC , i think its great to find people playing this game again , that why i started TFCC to give people a place to go when TF2 was launched and i seen that TFC would be lost if we didnt do something about it, but i hate to be the one to be the rotten ege but i dont think John or Robin will do anything to help this game becasue of the changes i have seen in TF2 turning it into a Trading club and a barbie dress up, its ALL about making money for these guys they don't care about TFC anymore , the only way i see them doing a update to this game is if they charged people to get the next update , otherwise they wont do it ,
IF they were smart they take the money they are making from TF2 and they make TFC better!

All we can do now is hope that we can get enough people playing this game again so that we dont have to give up on it our self becasue this is a really great game , I myself have been playing it since it first came out i even played Quake Team Fortress way before TFC and so i started playing TF1.5 when it came out and i have been hooked every since..

Last edited by DR DEATH #1: 01-31-2012 at 01:35 PM.
DR DEATH #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:01 PM   #7
MuayThai65

It's been done.
Look up Fortress Forever.
MuayThai65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress Classic