Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > King Arthur series > King Arthur II: The Role-playing Wargame

Old 01-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #1
Sloul

27/01 last patch feedback

Hey guyz,

Just wanted to give my 2 cents since the last patch is out there.
Didn't play much, basicly just wanted to check game performances, so I just picked 1 fight and that's it.

Performances:
Really smooth, didn't have any freeze/lag/low framerate.
Was playing on High settings with DX10.
Resolution was 1600x1050
Didn't check my FPS but I think I was on 40-50 fps.
edit: v-sync was off

So the patch is a success.
The mouse cursor is back, as it has already been said on forums.
I steel have a black background on menu though.

//BUG
In the skilltree of Sulla there are 2 spells which names are not shown as intended:
http://ScrnSht.com/wuioqq

//Flamewall
About flamewall, at first I was really happy to see that it went into Sage's tree, but then I realised that there was no more thunder spells in sage tree and was really disapointed.
And I really hope thunder spells didn't go into Warlord tree

Last edited by Sloul: 01-27-2012 at 04:53 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #2
jhon9728

can anyone else confirm the FPS issues are fixed?
jhon9728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:08 AM   #3
Clegane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhon9728 View Post
can anyone else confirm the FPS issues are fixed?
The 'FPS issues' only existed on a small number of peoples' machines in the first place. Asking questions like this isn't going to yield much positive result, since the answer will vary widely on who you ask. For example, my game has run beautifully since the day the Prologue was released. Other people had problems that they fixed by doing everything from running a separate .exe out of Steam to switching from DX11 to DX9. Still others claim that the latest patch itself actually fixed their FPS issues, while some claim the problem still bothers them.

In short- If you already asked for a refund on the pre-order that you paid for, you should probably just go download the free Demo so as to determine for yourself if the FPS for your particular machine is satisfactory to you.
Clegane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:23 AM   #4
puxili

"only existed on a small number of peoples machines"

Yeah right, that's why the performance issues thread has over 10000 views...
But I also want to know if the FPS problems are fixed, both the demo and the prologue were horrible FPS-wise and I really want to play KA2...
puxili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:32 AM   #5
Clegane

Quote:
Originally Posted by puxili View Post

But I also want to know if the FPS problems are fixed, both the demo and the prologue were horrible FPS-wise and I really want to play KA2...
You do realize that the game isn't released yet, right?

So if you think that both the demo and the prologue 'were horrible', then what exactly do you think anyone in this thread can help you with? We have access to the same demo and the same prologue as you.

If you're just asking for personal opinions then, as I said previously, mine plays beautifully. Sloul, the OP in this thread says his is playing like a dream, as well. But if you're asking about the facts of the performance of the game itself, you're going to have to wait until it is actually released.

Last edited by Clegane: 01-27-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:38 AM   #6
puxili

The thread titles implied that a new patch was released, so I was curious if the performance was fixed with that patch...
puxili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:41 AM   #7
Clegane

Quote:
The thread titles implied that a new patch was released, so I was curious if the performance was fixed with that patch...
Yes...and you claimed that you had already played both the prologue and the demo, implying that you had access to both. So why ask other people how their performance is rather than just checking the demo and prologue yourself? As I said in my earlier post in this thread, the performance issues seem to affect many users very differently...the only way you're going to get any satisfactory assurance is to check your own copies of the demo and prologue now that the patch is applied.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:01 AM   #8
Clegane

Quote:

Yes, but if you actually go through and read every page in the thread, as opposed to looking at the view counter you'll see that there are twelve people who claim that they are getting under 30 FPS. Twelve. There are one or two others who claim 'poor performance' without actually posting specs or FPS, but in that entire 9-page, 10K+ view thread...there are exactly twelve people with unresolved FPS issues. Three others who had issues that were resolved through drivers, DX changes, or running a different .exe.

Now you tell me, why would anyone who paid for a game and is unable to play it go and view a thread about their performance issues without actually making a post? In this day and age of the internet making EVERYONE feel entitled to express their opinion (especially when they feel 'ripped off'), why would thousands sit in sullen silence while only a few crusaders post their specs and ask for help?

Spend less time worrying about page-views and more time reading the actual posts. The majority of the complaints in that giant thread are the same people posting over and over and over again.

The 'FPS performance issue' is a real issue, but it is rare and affects a very small number of users.

Last edited by Clegane: 01-27-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #9
Sloul

Well I think ppl should just download the demo or play the prologue with the latest patch and do the same as me so we could have a clearer vision.
Sloul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:17 AM   #10
Clegane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloul View Post
Well I think ppl should just download the demo or play the prologue with the latest patch and do the same as me so we could have a clearer vision.
Yes, exactly what I was advocating. I completely agree.

And I am very glad that the performance increased for you with the patch!

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > King Arthur series > King Arthur II: The Role-playing Wargame