Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source

Old 01-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #1
Rivan_92

Banned
How To Turn Off "Fire In The Hole"?

It´s annoying as hell when 4-6 teammates throw nades when im camping at bombsites trying to hear enemy footsteps...

Is there any way to turn that sound off?

If not, Im using a true 5.1 headset and wondering which channel to lower to get rid of that?
Old 01-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Guyver.

Banned
You could use a blank MP3 or WAV file....but, no, other than that......you can't turn it off.
Guyver. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #3
whenry83

Yes, you can. Type 'ignorerad' in console.
whenry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #4
Guyver.

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by whenry83 View Post
Yes, you can. Type 'ignorerad' in console.
That turns off all radio commands...not just one.
Guyver. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
ChocOrange

Servers need to allow 'ignorerad' and tbh it's a blessing that radio commands can be turned off - use voice comms instead
'Enemy spotted' & 'need backup' are spammed to death and totally worthless.
ChocOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
N3tRunn3r

only a smart server plugin truly and automatically disables it for every player on your server:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=77508
(silencenades-1.1.smx)

anyways, you need to play on non vac-secured servers or sv_pure 0 servers to use custom sounds, textures, models, etc... ingame.
N3tRunn3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #7
satoon101

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3tRunn3r View Post
only a smart server plugin truly and automatically disables it for every player on your server:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=77508
(silencenades-1.1.smx)

anyways, you need to play on non vac-secured servers or sv_pure 0 servers to use custom sounds, textures, models, etc... ingame.
There is a "server" variable to turn off the grenade sounds: sv_ignoregrenaderadio

Once that variable was added, I released this similar addon (not knowing of the SM one, since I don't use SM) that can replace the sounds and messages per team per grenade type:
http://addons.eventscripts.com/addon...LooneyGrenades

Satoon
satoon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:25 PM   #8
Mr.Duck

This is no good if it is needs setting up on the server. We need solutions for client only. Looks like it is only possible with sv_pure "0" servers using a blank wav file.

Is volume adjust of radio commands only possible?
Mr.Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #9
Overclocker_

You can just delete the fire in the hole file from the game directory. You'll see the text but it won't make any noise.
Overclocker_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 04:38 AM   #10
fabz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overclocker_ View Post
You can just delete the fire in the hole file from the game directory. You'll see the text but it won't make any noise.
not gonna work, because the fire in the hole sound is located in the gcf-files. If you change these files, you are not allowed to play on most server and aswell steam probably will reset the change you've made pretty fast.
fabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:31 AM   #11
N3tRunn3r

it is correct, fabz. but you may extract those files out from them and edit/modify them in your "replacement" directories within your cstrike folder.
link: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/GCFScape

however, i really never want to play on non vac-secured servers and/or sv_pure 0 servers. it is almost enough for me how many (pro-)cheaters already play on sv_pure 2 servers within anit-cheat plugins like vac, sourcebans, steambans, zblock, etc.

@satoon:
eventscipts is a high risk for your server security! this mod or tool has a bunch of backdoors. gaing admin access, gaining rcon passwords, gaining more cheats enabled, blabla. ES will be nice for surf maps tho. You dont need skill or cheats there.

well rivan, either you play on those unsecured servers to use custom things "or to search for a new one with no radio or nade commands enabled; or to host an own server with that silencenades-1.1 plugin for sourcemod, like me."

to play on a most secured server a vanilla server with sv_pure2 it will be. metamod and sourcemod should be the max modifications within their nice plugins. anything else or...:

that more addons are included, that more insecured your server will be!
Old 01-28-2012, 05:32 PM   #12
satoon101

Quote:
@satoon:
eventscipts is a high risk for your server security! this mod or tool has a bunch of backdoors. gaing admin access, gaining rcon passwords, gaining more cheats enabled, blabla. ES will be nice for surf maps tho. You dont need skill or cheats there.
I love how people keep spouting this nonsense... Sorry, but I see people post this stuff all the time with no data to back up their claims. If it does have backdoors, and you know about them, why don't you help out and let us know what they are? Maybe then Mattie can get them fixed up. Otherwise people should just stop spreading misinformation.

Satoon
satoon101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
N3tRunn3r

i really like mattie and i really like eventscripts. i dont hate them at all. but i dont have the time to help out for this stuff. i am sorry. i do my MCITP-SA (E) exam for the next few weeks.

i need to additionally write: i wont install it, unless those security glitches are fixed. it isnt a MISINFORMATION as you wrote, but it is fact!!!
Old 01-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #14
Mkay

Quote:
i really like mattie and i really like eventscripts. i dont hate them at all. but i dont have the time to help out for this stuff. i am sorry. i do my MCITP-SA (E) exam for the next few weeks.

i need to additionally write: i wont install it, unless those security glitches are fixed. it isnt a MISINFORMATION as you wrote, but it is fact!!!
As someone who has worked on Eventscripts' core, you are wrong and this IS misinformation. ES is not a security risk. There are no back-doors, built-in or otherwise. Mattie and the ES team have taken major steps to prevent things like rcon exploits from occurring. 100% of the time, it is due to something else the server is running (i.e. sv_cheats being set to 1).

Accusations like this need to really be backed up. Innocent mod developers get hurt by non-factual accusations.

Last edited by Mkay: 01-28-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Mkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #15
N3tRunn3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkay View Post
As someone who has worked on Eventscripts' core, you are wrong and this IS misinformation. ES is not a security risk. There are no back-doors, built-in or otherwise. Mattie and the ES team have taken major steps to prevent things like rcon exploits from occurring. 100% of the time, it is due to something else the server is running (i.e. sv_cheats being set to 1).

Accusations like this need to really be backed up. Innocent mod developers get hurt by non-factual accusations.
so tell me, why there are more cheaters on css servers with ES installed and really a less amount of cheaters on vanilla servers with sv_pure 2 enabled. there are cheaters at all in this game but more on those "unsecured" servers as already described (VAC-enabled).

they mostly appear on non vac-secured servers, then on sv_pure 0 servers, sv_pure 1 and less on sv_pure 2 servers.

dont tell me there are as same amount of cheaters on vanilla servers with sv_pure 1 + whitelist enabled as on servers with ES installed. you need sv_pure 1 and a lot of work to get ES running. i want to explain AND IT IS FACT and just logically:

There are everywhere backdoors, maybe hard to find but cheaters now their ways to simply bypass or just to play with some gamehacks. The principle is very easily to understand. THAT more plugins and mods those are installed on your server THAT more backdoors and bypasses will exist.

Let us imagine:
One program has one backdoor but 20 programs has 20 (!!!) backdoors. Happy Birthday.

This program is truly in case, and of course, ES and it includes a bunch of mods and plugins. A lot of ways to crack into some stuff. If it is that secured as you write, why havent valve implemented eventscripts into this game already?!

You can be right. The Core itself is safe but the rest....

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Counter-Strike: Source