Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cave Story+

Old 01-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
KaySakura

Banned
Help!

I'm very confused... I beat the game today, and there was not way other than ESC (all unsaved progress lost) to leave the credits screen after the credits had finished. After exiting nothing new was unlocked.. There is still ??? on the Story Mode option, and the 3 ??? under the challenge option.

I didn't use the Health Potion During the final boss fights (cause I used it fighting the sisters), but I couldn't access the sacred grounds. The Door wouldn't open.

Last edited by KaySakura: 01-29-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
Rubba Duck

1 - When you see the Professor fall from the top of the screen in the Labyrinth, DO NOT go down and help him. Continue to the right to find Curly. You'll miss the 0.8 Boosters, but you get 2.0 boosters later on.

2 - Before you fight the core for the first time, grab the tow rope to the bottom right of the arena. This'll enable you to take curly with you after the boss fight.

3a - Save in the waterway before entering the currents. Reach the shack half way through the currents. Put Curly on the bed in the shack, then interact with the nearby bookcase. Interact with Curly again.

3b - Pick Curly back up and complete the Waterway section, DO NOT leave her in the shack!

4a - During the Plantation, you'll find Curly in the bottom right of the zone. After finding her, talk to her and the nearby NPC.

4b - Go to the Graveyard in Mimiga Village and get the Ma Pignon in a boss fight, which is in a room at the top right of the graveyard.

4c - Go back to Curly and feed her Ma Pignon. Get the Iron Bond from her.

Presto! You should now be able to enter the shack on the surface during the final escape, opening the Sacred Grounds! (Apprently this also gives you an alternate Final Cave, which is a lot harder, from what I heard.)

I'm going for this myself tonight once I'm done at work. Ended up playing through the normal way in one sitting on Sunday

Last edited by Rubba Duck: 01-30-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Rubba Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
skiddlywibble

There are a few other things you'll need to know for that area...

Spoiler:
To get the most out of the area, you'll need to get the 290 Counter (or whatever it's called in the other translation) hidden in the Outer Wall. You'll also benefit highly from the spur and nemesis.
skiddlywibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
KaySakura

Banned
Wow, thank you sooo much. I will be starting a new game tonight to try and get all of this.
KaySakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
KaySakura

Banned
OMG, Defeating the Core for the first time w/o the Machinegun, Arm Barrier, or Booster is damn near impossible. I can't get it lower than 70%.
KaySakura is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Cave Story+