Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fortune Summoners

Old 01-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
jiahan

Angry OMG, they removed the voice!

In the Japanese ver, many dialogues did have voice act(especially the early ones), but they removed it!! well not really a big problem...
Old 01-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
SilentCaay

They didn't remove anything. There are two versions of FS, the original version and the deluxe version. Due to LizSoft partnering up with Jungle Japan for the deluxe version and JJ retaining the rights to the professional voice acting, CF was only able to license the original version. We did get the graphical enhancements from the deluxe version, though.

Edit: They DID remove something, though... They removed the approximately $45 price tag of the deluxe version

Last edited by SilentCaay: 01-30-2012 at 05:47 PM.
SilentCaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #3
Goshawk

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
What's this about "Fortune Summoners Deluxe" I see on the internet in places?
In Japan, Fortune Summoners has had two significant releases - first was the original "doujin" or limited-circulation independent release, and then later on a "deluxe" version was released with assistance from Jungle Japan. This included updated graphics, more voicework from "professional" actors, and the "Plus" DLC content included by default.

Carpe Fulgur has licensed the original Fortune Summoners, not the Deluxe version; the only content from that in our is the graphical improvements. This still contains the entire core story and gameplay experience, however, so you'll still get the full Fortune Summoners experience!

Hey, how come all the voices are in Japanese still?
Much like with our previous releases, the game features so little "core" voicework that it was more cost-effective to simply leave what little voice there is in Japanese; the spell names are in English regardless, so we felt it was particularly silly to re-record those.
http://www.carpefulgur.com/fs/faq.htm
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
SpellSword

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentCaay View Post
We did get the graphical enhancements from the deluxe version, though.
Really? Rock on then! ^_^
SpellSword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
LONGA

Good job bringing the price down. I was worried if the price still at 25$ when the game was in pre-release.
LONGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:32 PM   #6
Hiroshi Mishima

I dunno.. I kinda think for the price they could've done some simple dubbing to make the game that much better. I'm still having trouble justifying the price considering what I paid for Recettear and Chantelise; both of which I got for under $10 each.

Honestly, if they'd had the voice acting done in English, I'd have less issue with the price tag.
Hiroshi Mishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:42 AM   #7
Pinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Mishima View Post
I dunno.. I kinda think for the price they could've done some simple dubbing to make the game that much better. I'm still having trouble justifying the price considering what I paid for Recettear and Chantelise; both of which I got for under $10 each.

Honestly, if they'd had the voice acting done in English, I'd have less issue with the price tag.
He says, ignoring that the only real voice acting in Chantelise is battle sounds (same as fortune summoners) and only real voice acting in recettear is a few voice clips in the shop and again, battle sounds.
Pinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 AM   #8
SilentCaay

Simple dubbing? Dubbing is not simple unless you squirrel up some crappy equipment and amateur VAs and spank out the dub in a weekend and you'll end up with a terrible product. I can't tell whether you're joking or clueless but it feels like the latter. There's a big reason Lizsoft contracted an outside company to do the dubbing: because it's not simple. You need good equipment, talented people (who like to see a decent paycheck for their work) and a decent amount of time.

No, thank you. I don't want terrible YouTuber quality dubbing for this price tag or professional quality dubbing for a $40-50 price tag. The only reason people are complaining is because a dubbed version exists. If there was no deluxe version it wouldn't even enter people's minds.
SilentCaay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #9
drapitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentCaay View Post
Edit: They DID remove something, though... They removed the approximately $45 price tag of the deluxe version
You forgot the onsen scene, they added towels, no idea why though
drapitus is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Fortune Summoners