Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Defenders

Old 01-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
Tgo01

Apprentice Tower build questions

What stats should I be getting for a tower build Apprentice? Is the chain lightning tower any good? I don't see many people use that tower.

What stats should I be looking for on a weapon? Should I just upgrade weapon damage? What stats should I be upgrading on armor?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
generatedname

the best builders that I've seen use the lightning towers...one at each chokepoint
generatedname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:48 PM   #3
Backlash

Quote:
Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
the best builders that I've seen use the lightning towers...one at each chokepoint
Really? I can't see them through all the Purple MM balls...
Backlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:33 AM   #4
YahooElite

Lightning Towers will be 1 of the best towers to use once this next patch comes out.

Hunters Darkness trap will remove elemental properties from enemies, that should definately help with Lightning and Fireball towers.
YahooElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
damador.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YahooElite View Post
Lightning Towers will be 1 of the best towers to use once this next patch comes out.

Hunters Darkness trap will remove elemental properties from enemies, that should definately help with Lightning and Fireball towers.

same as magic blockade - but blockade cost 1 DU ...

LT only for spider clearing in some nm maps
damador. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:27 AM   #6
atomico001

the game is all fire and missile towers.. and 1 lightning for spider
atomico001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:10 AM   #7
jackmix69

Lightning towers are great. They've always been my favorite of the Apprentice's towers. I use fireball towers to supplement beating back the horde/DPSing ogre spawnzones, and obviously magic missiles are the primary of any apprentice.

As for a staff, yes, you want an actual weapon. I'm a tower-based apprentice, but my actual staff (NM Goblin Overlord staff from Raining Goblins challenge) has been upgraded purely on base damage/additional projectiles. It helps a lot if it has a hero damage buff as well. Tower buffs are nifty too but you should focus upgrading a staff weapon to be an actual weapon, comes in handy when you get a genie too. My staff has gotten so strong I'm even out dps-ing my DPS hunter of the same level which I was surprised by.

Oh, and as Damador said, darkness traps will still be useless because Magic Blockades have always stripped the resistances of anything bashing it.

As for upgrading armor, it's up to you, but on NM as everyone says you'll want to max armor/resistance stats. Good luck.

Last edited by jackmix69: 01-31-2012 at 04:14 AM.
jackmix69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:43 AM   #8
Roddy225

^assume blockades actually start getting hit properly again by ogres, with the Squire Tower HP Boost and these new traps, its definatly opens up better options than Enrage auras at every spawn.
Roddy225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
YahooElite

Quote:
Originally Posted by damador. View Post
same as magic blockade - but blockade cost 1 DU ...

LT only for spider clearing in some nm maps
Yea.. No.. big difference.

Radius being one of them.

And with Blockades the enemy has to Be near/Attack the blockade for it to be removed.

Meaning the trap can remove more then 1 enemys element at a time.
YahooElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #10
Metenight777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
What stats should I be getting for a tower build Apprentice? Is the chain lightning tower any good? I don't see many people use that tower.

What stats should I be looking for on a weapon? Should I just upgrade weapon damage? What stats should I be upgrading on armor?
Well if you are at the level where you are questioning what towers to use, i doubt you are at the level where u start looking for good weapons. Anyway, you want on with a nice amount of upgrades, projectiles and tower stats. A good starter staff is a nm goblin overcharge staff. You can upgrade all damage and # of projectiles, or level both to a good amount then the rest into tower damage/ rate of fire
Metenight777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Dungeon Defenders