Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
ostwald
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 1
Posts: 131
Games I want to see be added to Steam!

Hey there folks! This is my own personal list of games that I would like to see in the future on Steam, these games are not "new" or multyplayable (well maybe) :

Land of the dead: Road to fiddlers green
The Hobbit
Jurassic Park: Operation Genisis
Lego Star Wars III
All of the Tony Hawk games that is on PC
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
The Simpsons Hit 'n Run
The Simpsons Road Rage
All Lord Of The Rings games
Star Wars Battlefront 1

This is MY personal list! Please let me know what you think should be on steam!
ostwald is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
Archer Kane
 
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Reputation: 262
Posts: 799
Everything on this list
Archer Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #3
Monolithe
 
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 2
Posts: 20
All the good old LucasArt titles like Grim Fandango, Day of the tentacle, Sam N' Max etc.
Monolithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:41 AM   #4
Undying Zombie
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Reputation: 110
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostwald View Post
Hey there folks! This is my own personal list of games that I would like to see in the future on Steam, these games are not "new" or multyplayable (well maybe) :

Land of the dead: Road to fiddlers green
The Hobbit
Jurassic Park: Operation Genisis
Lego Star Wars III
All of the Tony Hawk games that is on PC
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
The Simpsons Hit 'n Run
The Simpsons Road Rage
All Lord Of The Rings games
Star Wars Battlefront 1

This is MY personal list! Please let me know what you think should be on steam!
LOTD RTFG would be great but only if the fan made patches where added. They are a must for that game as it actually fixes the really nasty bugs the game had after the developer went out of business. ( Also a fan made patch is required for the game to be playable on Vista/win7 as well. )

I enjoyed the game but when I played it, would enjoy it still probably but at the moment I have been distracted by other things, and not soo willing to hunt down the patches It's a shame the sequel that was planned for it was canned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monolithe View Post
All the good old LucasArt titles like Grim Fandango, Day of the tentacle, Sam N' Max etc.
Wow, Day of the Tenticale.. have not played that in forever. Would be interesting if they add that.. As far as Sam N max, I believe those games ARE on steam, unless I am mistaken?
Undying Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #5
NuclearKangaroo
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 722
Posts: 5,016
Tribes: Ascend
NuclearKangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
adrianc1982
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Reputation: 2
Posts: 22
simpsons hit and run
silent hill 2 and 3 would be great.
resident evil games that were released for the pc not only re5
final fantasy VII which was released on the pc too.
adrianc1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
NCPereira
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 400
Posts: 1,708
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project
NCPereira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
BadMojo
 
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Reputation: 333
Posts: 1,089
Command and Conquer:The First Decade
BadMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
Undying Zombie
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Reputation: 110
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianc1982 View Post
simpsons hit and run
silent hill 2 and 3 would be great.
resident evil games that were released for the pc not only re5
final fantasy VII which was released on the pc too.
I would love all of the SH games to come to steam.. though the prices should be reasonable.. if they are the older editions that is ( and not the HD versions that will be coming out in September. )

FF7 would be a nice add, though hard to say how much they will profit from it. I doubt there is anyone out there who are fans that do not still have the game. Still would be nice though. That and FF8 would be nice too. ( It also seen a PC version. Though its kinda hard to find it now. )
Undying Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #10
crunchyfrog555
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 2669
Posts: 9,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undying Zombie View Post
I would love all of the SH games to come to steam.. though the prices should be reasonable.. if they are the older editions that is ( and not the HD versions that will be coming out in September. )

FF7 would be a nice add, though hard to say how much they will profit from it. I doubt there is anyone out there who are fans that do not still have the game. Still would be nice though. That and FF8 would be nice too. ( It also seen a PC version. Though its kinda hard to find it now. )
As FFVII was made over a decade ago, you needn't worry about whether original fans still have the game. There would be a whole new generation of fans to market to, which is one of the reasons such rereleases happen anyway.

I would love it if Square expanded on the tech demo they worked on. They did take it a little further (as I was lucky enough to see it), but I don't know how serious they were for taking it further. I think that is one title that would guarantee success.
crunchyfrog555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #11
Roguetwo
 
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Reputation: 12
Posts: 199
The Homeworld series D;
Roguetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #12
Patflute
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Oct 2011
Reputation: 302
Posts: 634
Those are all really bad games.
Patflute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #13
SirDrexl
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Reputation: 348
Posts: 1,022
The Tony Hawk games would be difficult due to the music licensing. Unless they just take it out, of course.

Our best hope might be for the remastered pack with the first two games to get a PC version, but I'm not holding my breath for that.
SirDrexl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #14
crunchyfrog555
 
 
 
Banned
Join Date: Sep 2010
Reputation: 2669
Posts: 9,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patflute View Post
Those are all really bad games.
Says you.

But, generally speaking, they were commercially successful (or rather most of them), so your opinions would seem at odds to many.
crunchyfrog555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #15
Undying Zombie
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Reputation: 110
Posts: 1,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyfrog555 View Post
As FFVII was made over a decade ago, you needn't worry about whether original fans still have the game. There would be a whole new generation of fans to market to, which is one of the reasons such rereleases happen anyway.

I would love it if Square expanded on the tech demo they worked on. They did take it a little further (as I was lucky enough to see it), but I don't know how serious they were for taking it further. I think that is one title that would guarantee success.
True.. and as far as the tech demo. Rumors still go around about them doing a remake.

I admit I hope they do it, though keep it as close to the original as possible in terms of gameplay and storyline.. perhaps a few new enemies/areas/side stuff but for the most part same game with better GFX would be a buy for me lol.
Undying Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > General Steam Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.