Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X2: The Threat & X3: The Reunion

Old 02-01-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
kara_bulut

Which X3 game should I start with ?

Any suggestions ? Should I follow the story line like Reunion->Terran Conflict->Albion Prelude

Reunion seemed pretty confusing to me at first glance so I checked out Terran Conflict, it had better menus and seemed more accsessible to me.

What do you guys suggest ?
Old 02-02-2012, 12:58 AM   #2
ElazulHP

I started with Terran Conflict. Playing it now as a matter of fact(in the steam overlay) and is lots of fun. Trying to figure out why my first sector trader is sitting here on STANDBY for ages... driving me nuts!!!
ElazulHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
Daiichi

I would go ahead and start with TC. Once you finish all the plots for TC, then jump into AP. I'm still working on TC after all achievements(except for DiD ones) then I'll move on to AP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElazulHP View Post
I started with Terran Conflict. Playing it now as a matter of fact(in the steam overlay) and is lots of fun. Trying to figure out why my first sector trader is sitting here on STANDBY for ages... driving me nuts!!!
Be sure you placed it in a sector with lots of resources(ECells/wheat/ore(if stations around needing it)) and not a sector that's heavy end products(shields/weapons/missiles).

Spoiler:
Power Circle, Empire's Edge are both excellent sectors for starting up sector traders.
Daiichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Zikco

Terran Conflict would be the best place to start for most players.
Although if you like feeling Completely Lost*, XBTF would be a better candidate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElazulHP View Post
It likely either stalled or can't find any good deals within its range.
Try restarting it and/or adjusting its range or simply moving it to another sector.
Might work. ST were always twitchy though, in my limited experience.

*)As in; having NO HELP in the unfamiliar X-universe AT ALL. Even the language of the other races is unintelligible until you get a translator (IIRC).
Zikco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:10 AM   #5
schidin

I'm about to buy the X3 Goldbox. I read several reviews and can't decide between Reunion and Terran Conflict to start with. I played X2 and was impressed of the complexity, but all the bugs and the difficulties for X-beginners made it kind of a torture. I heard that there were not as much changes from Reunion to Terran Conflict, and Terran Conflict has better controls and is more beginner friendly. So should I just start with Terran Conflict?

Thanks
schidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #6
Ares21

Quote:
Originally Posted by schidin View Post
I'm about to buy the X3 Goldbox. I read several reviews and can't decide between Reunion and Terran Conflict to start with. I played X2 and was impressed of the complexity, but all the bugs and the difficulties for X-beginners made it kind of a torture. I heard that there were not as much changes from Reunion to Terran Conflict, and Terran Conflict has better controls and is more beginner friendly. So should I just start with Terran Conflict?

Thanks
Many people have different opinions regarding Reunion and TC. For a beginner, I feel TC is more friendly, has a better UI, is easier to make money, has better ships and the ability to pirate, board and capture capital ships.

There are several plots to complete, but the good thing about both games is that you can complete the plots in your own time. the game pretty much allows you do choose your own path without completing any plots if you wish.

Whilst the learning curve is pretty steep for both the games the Egosoft forums are a great place to answer any queries you have.
Ares21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
KuranesDreamer

Banned
Terran Conflict has the most content, however Albion Prelude is much more geared toward new players in the series. It's a bit easier, and you advance more quickly, getting a decent sized battlefleet for free just doing the only story line in the game ATM.
KuranesDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X2: The Threat & X3: The Reunion