Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Prototype series

Old 02-02-2012, 04:09 AM   #1
UTROMSHREDDER

Banned
prototype 2 pc version delayed

bad news. activision announced that prototype 2 will come to pc on july 24 3 months after consol. another pc delay
Old 02-05-2012, 10:06 PM   #2
Blood_Wraith

Aww, that's okay.

I'm still enjoying the first game.
Blood_Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
MohoMine

Honstly, that's probably good news. That's a lot of time to polish the PC version performance/graphics/conrols-wise.

And if some DLC rolls out in that time, we'll likely get it with the game for free.
MohoMine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:58 AM   #4
UTROMSHREDDER

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MohoMine View Post
Honstly, that's probably good news. That's a lot of time to polish the PC version performance/graphics/conrols-wise.

And if some DLC rolls out in that time, we'll likely get it with the game for free.

good news?! that very bad news! it will decrease the pc sales a lot by doing it. 3 months is a LONG time you know. And we all know why they are doing itiracy yes that why they delayed it. I am sure pc version will be ready by then , as they released the first prototype at the same time for pc too. So it is not like they need more time to develop it or that they dont have enough time to do it.
UTROMSHREDDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #5
hughesyboozy

Quote:

If you think they spend that time polishing the game then (no offence) you're very naive.

They do this to try and pad sales on consoles......
hughesyboozy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
LaptopNut

Quote:

Yep true, by the time they release, all of that polishing will result in an even more shiny game

A great example was the Arkham City PC delay where they spent time perfecting DX11 and doing other polishing stuff.
LaptopNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:08 PM   #7
Laluzi

I'm pretty upset by the delay - three months seems excessive (also means I won't be getting the game around my birthday, but when summer's more than halfway over). Mainly because it seems likely to me that this is less about polishing the game and more about piracy prevention, which is a reasonable cause, but doesn't really favor gamers like me who only have a computer.
Laluzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #8
bwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaptopNut View Post
Yep true, by the time they release, all of that polishing will result in an even more shiny game

A great example was the Arkham City PC delay where they spent time perfecting DX11 and doing other polishing stuff.
You're kidding, right?

AC PC edition was delayed for absolutely no reason whatsoever. DX11 performance was lackluster at best on release. There was a massive thread dealing with issues like this, including proof that the game had not been touched two months prior to the PC release.

Delays are 95% on the time never a good thing.
bwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 07:30 AM   #9
LaptopNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwolfman View Post
You're kidding, right?

AC PC edition was delayed for absolutely no reason whatsoever. DX11 performance was lackluster at best on release. There was a massive thread dealing with issues like this, including proof that the game had not been touched two months prior to the PC release.

Delays are 95% on the time never a good thing.
Yes, I was kidding, I forget that my sarcasm doesn't always translate very well online
LaptopNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:37 AM   #10
Dealwithit07

Banned
I don't care anymore. God know what other crap they have at released that we need to buy to get a full game.
Dealwithit07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #11
Roachmojo

Seriously, who ing cares anymore? PC titles will continue to be released months after the console version and that's just the way it is thanks to companies like M$.

As usual, I'll wait until its $5 or less and has at least one patch before I buy it.
Roachmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:29 AM   #12
golfisfun

On the bright side, Ill see TDKR and then get P2. Also I still havent finshed the first one so I got 3 more months till I jump in.
golfisfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #13
Filipfonky

Banned
I can't say if it's a good thing or a bad thing until i see some reviews.

Only God knows what i'll do to the Devs if the story sucks...
Filipfonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #14
Tericc

What makes you think there going to do any polishing at all? there doing this to build up console sales nothing more nothing less.
Tericc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #15
mad_gamer

well i'm still enjoying the first one, so no problem by me :P, besides there's a lot of other good games for pc to play out there
mad_gamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Prototype series