Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Faction series

Old 02-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
eXoSolid

No More Red Faction said THQ

Okay Guys

last month i played Guerilla, and im almost finished with Armageddon.
Now i know these two games are no RF 1 or RF 2 and they are not a FPS, but they are enjoyable, they are a bit different but still futurstic and with alot of destruction.
Guerilla, great story, Open world gameplay ! Huge fun with it !
Armageddon, story is ok, no open world BUT very fun to play!

BUT i heard the last year since Armageddon is out from people's mouth: WHAT IS A NEW RF OUT ? i said like yeah, armageddon
So alot of people didnt even knew another RF was out! No good marketing.
And a bit underrated !

It's a pity that THQ doesn't want to make anymore RF !

I want to know what's your opinion about this ?

ps: sorry for my poor english

Last edited by eXoSolid: 02-02-2012 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
Sami69

I just started playing Red faction guerrilla and its good game but it has horrible optimization. I don't know if you mean that they aren't making no more RF games for any platform or just pc but if it means no more for pc i'm more than fine with it if this is how they port them. If i only had 360 to play RFG...
Sami69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:32 AM   #3
eXoSolid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sami69 View Post
I just started playing Red faction guerrilla and its good game but it has horrible optimization. I don't know if you mean that they aren't making no more RF games for any platform or just pc but if it means no more for pc i'm more than fine with it if this is how they port them. If i only had 360 to play RFG...
THQ meant, its done with the franchise because of the poor sales, they wont release any more RF games.
eXoSolid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Sami69

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXoSolid View Post
THQ meant, its done with the franchise because of the poor sales, they wont release any more RF games.
If i had xbox 360 i would have bought Armageddon and guerrilla on day 1 with full price. Guerrilla is amazing with its destruction and weapon wise and story/atmosphere is great too. I don't get it why its getting so poor sales.
Sami69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
poutsample

If it stayed FPS and on the PC it would have a future.
poutsample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:24 AM   #6
Marvyra

It makes me sad because I highly enjoyed Red Faction Guerrilla and Armageddon. They're also really unique with their weapons, vehicles and destruction systems.

I doubt third-person view had anything to do with it, they changed the game's perspective for a reason. They talk about it in one of the Guerrilla trailers.

Oh well, still looking forward to what Volition has in store for the future.
Marvyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:34 PM   #7
Gourry25

It sucks that THQ is not going to make any more Red Faction games. I mean I have yet to play though Armageddon so not sure how things end, but I still see a lot of promise in the series, even if they returned to a FPS genre, they could really make a solid game these days. hopefully THQ will reverse its position down the road after all game companies have done it before.

Even if THQ does not make another Red faction game, hopefully they will make other games similar to it as far as a FPS or 3rd person game. After all THQ created the dynamic explosions. All other 3rd and FPS games that have explosions that are different each time pay royalties to THQ for those. but most use the old set explosion method where no matter where you aim, plant etc an explosive device need something that can be destroyed it will always come done the same way.
Gourry25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Faction series