Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Paradox Interactive

Old 02-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Kinakin

WTF has happened to paradox?

Ok so this christmas I bough HoI3. But I cant play it to the end because it crashes after a few years like clock work.

Other games they published are Sword of the stars 2. Which when released was basically sold in the alpha stages and completely unplayable.

And lastly they released King Arthur the roleplaying game 2. Which Is a total mess aswell. Tough not as bad as SOTS 2, but still borderline unplayable.

While I know the last two games they where only the publisher, but this is looking bad. Steam should take steps against them to protect its own custemors. Like a clearly marked disclaimer or something. Cuss atm anything with the paradox stamp on it is unreliable. You risk throwing your money away on a defunct product that may or may not be playable in 6 months.

Its like paradoc is sweeping the market for unfinished games and publishing em to make a quick buck. Its almost borderline fraud. And Steam is facilitating it. It reflects badly on Steam when they peddle all this .. well ... crap.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:00 PM   #2
Spaceguy5

Instead of blaming the publisher (who did not develop the game), why not go to the game's forum and make a (non-ranty) post about it? Maybe you encountered a one-time bug. Maybe it's a common bug. Maybe other people already have a solution for it.
Spaceguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
Scorcher24

Well, he is right with SOTS2. That release was really close to fraud.
They literally sold an alpha version of the game with non working sliders, non existing campaigns etc.
And some people including me never got the promised refund.
Scorcher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:13 PM   #4
Kinakin

Well the whole Hoi3 issue Ive just given up on. Ive spent to much time trying to fix it already And I dont care anymore. The issue is you have a publisher that is pushing multiple games that are in such bad shape on release you cant play them.

Just because they didnt make the game doesnt mean they are innocent if every game they publish is broken and they know it.
Kinakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #5
s1234567890m

funny enough you forgot to mention A house divided....
s1234567890m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Corpekata

Err. Releasing unstable and buggy games is kind of the Paradox MO. They generally eventually make them into good games a bit down the line. I love a handful of their stuff but I generally always wait a while.
Corpekata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 10:55 PM   #7
Original182

I have Hearts of Iron 3 as well and I do not experience the bugs that you mentioned.

I also have Europa Universalis 3 Chronicles on Impulse and so far no game breaking bugs.

I agree with Mount & Blade being buggy because it is done by an indie company called Taleworlds.
Original182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:19 AM   #8
crunchyfrog555

Banned
Just so you are aware, OP, there is little need for Valve to do such a thing, as already stated. The ball really does lie in the developer's court; your issue is with them.

I'm not sure whether this is relevant to you, but I include it here for others: if you buy a game in England and Wales (and quite possibly much of Europe), if it faulty to the point where you cannot run it to completion (in other words, excluding small bugs) that is faulty product under the Sale of Goods Act. Your recourse would be to contact the developer and ask for measures to fix it. Give them reasonable time to do so.

If the resolution isn't satifactory - either they don't fix it, don't get back to you in time, or don't get back to you at all, you have the right to contact Steam support and insist on a full refund (not credit) via the same method as you paid.
crunchyfrog555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #9
acare84

I love Paradox Interactive and their games. At least they are brave to tell their mistakes.

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...-a-big-failure
acare84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #10
gossamer

Paradox games always release buggy, but they fix them up.

Hearts of Iron 3 and EU3 work quite fine for me these days. HOI3 was really bad at release though.
gossamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #11
klaount

Since Magicka I don't even consider buying anything with a Paradox logo on it. They don't seem to care about the quality of the games they publish at all.
klaount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #12
DocShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceguy5 View Post
Instead of blaming the publisher (who did not develop the game), why not go to the game's forum and make a (non-ranty) post about it? Maybe you encountered a one-time bug. Maybe it's a common bug. Maybe other people already have a solution for it.
It goes either way. Sega, who publishes the total war series, played a hand in having CA release Empire: Total War earlier then it should have been.
DocShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #13
Resoky

Banned
Dont know why people keep spouting the whole "They release them buggy but fix them with patches" line, that's no excuse at all. If someone sold you a car at full price without wheels or seats and said they'd add them in later, you'd be annoyed. It's shoddy business practice.
Resoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #14
PunCrathod

It's all because paradox doesn't seem to listen to devs when they say "we need more time to finish the game". And releases the game half baked becaues a few years ago they set the release date and don't want to change it.
PunCrathod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #15
ramze

Best game published by Paradox Interactive is Knights of Honor. I kid you not, this game is amazing. Reminds me strongly of Lords of the Realm 2 but on a grander scale and battles like Stronghold.

Give it a shot this instant!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/25830

Last edited by ramze: 02-03-2012 at 09:25 AM.
ramze is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > Paradox Interactive